Shujaa finish 13th in Singapore Sevens outing
Kenya claimed a 13th place finish at the Singapore Sevens following a 21-5 win over Spain in the 13th place play-off yesterday.
Having registered three wins and three losses at the two-day tournament, Shujaa picked three points, two less than they managed at the Hong Kong Sevens.
Against Spain, Kenya took a commanding 14-0 lead at halftime courtesy of converted tries by Vincent Onyala and Bush Mwale.
Alejandro Alonso pulled one back for the Spaniards upon resumption but their hopes of overturning the scoreline were dealt a blow as Taabu scored Shujaa’s third try.
- Watford produce one of the great FA Cup comebacks by beating WolvesFootball 1 week ago
- Target shooting: Kenyan father and son return home with medalsSports 2 days ago
- Liverpool teenager to the rescue as wales edge Trinidad and TobagoFootball 4 weeks ago
- ‘Floyd will return soon’ says fatherBoxing 2 weeks ago
- Former Arsenal star ‘loses control again’, battling demonsFootball 1 month ago
- Real Madrid fans chant Jose Mourinho's name outside Bernabeu in angry protestFootball 1 month ago
- Dandora stadium to be ready in July, Sonko saysFootball 1 week ago