Standard, friends come together for late Pulse columnist Ngare
The Standard team, friends and family of the late Pulse columnist Tony Ngare aka ‘Banter’, who perished in the ill-fated Ethiopian Airline plane, on Saturday came together for a one-day football tournament at the Sadili Oval, Nairobi.
The tournament was held to raise funds for his family. There were more than 10 teams participating. They comprised his friends, former colleagues and teams he was part of.
Each team was registering with ten thousand shillings, which went to his kid’s kitty. The Standard team gave its contribution with support from the Talanta Mtaani team.
In the games Mafans FC, Manchester United fans, Ngare’s family and Nation Media made it to the semi-finals. Nation faced Manchester United fans while Mafans FC battled it out with Ngare’s family.
In the finals, Nation beat Mafans FC for the win. The player of the tournament was sixteen-year-old Eva Mukite Mutuku, the only lady participating, she scored three goals.
- Revealed: What Lampard demanded from Chelsea in contract talksFootball 1 month ago
- ‘We don’t fear the Lions’ declare Uganda ahead of clashFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Madagascar make history, edge DR Congo on penaltiesFootball 1 month ago
- England Rugby League star donates brain to scienceRugby 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars Vs Senegal: We can do it – MigneFootball 1 month ago
- Furious Messi blasts Copa America officials after loss to BrazilFootball 1 month ago
- What went wrong with Harambee Stars in Egypt?Football 1 month ago