Standard, friends come together for late Pulse columnist Ngare
The Standard team, friends and family of the late Pulse columnist Tony Ngare aka ‘Banter’, who perished in the ill-fated Ethiopian Airline plane, on Saturday came together for a one-day football tournament at the Sadili Oval, Nairobi.
The tournament was held to raise funds for his family. There were more than 10 teams participating. They comprised his friends, former colleagues and teams he was part of.
Each team was registering with ten thousand shillings, which went to his kid’s kitty. The Standard team gave its contribution with support from the Talanta Mtaani team.
In the games Mafans FC, Manchester United fans, Ngare’s family and Nation Media made it to the semi-finals. Nation faced Manchester United fans while Mafans FC battled it out with Ngare’s family.
In the finals, Nation beat Mafans FC for the win. The player of the tournament was sixteen-year-old Eva Mukite Mutuku, the only lady participating, she scored three goals.
- Man City reach FA Cup final, stay on course for four trophiesFootball 1 week ago
- Football-mad French parents barred from naming baby 'Griezmann Mbappe'Sports 1 month ago
- West Ham 4-3 Huddersfield: Former Man United star Chicharito seals stunning London Stadium comebackFootball 1 month ago
- PSG consider legal action against ex-Man United man EvraFootball 1 month ago
- Inside Floyd Mayweather's private jetBoxing 2 weeks ago
- Marouane Fellaini announces retirementFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Migne eager to know Harambee Stars’ opponentsFootball 1 week ago