Mt Kenya flattened as KCB and Stima beaten
Sofapaka went level on points with SportPesa Premier League leaders Gor Mahia after a narrow 1-0 win over KCB as Posta Rangers demolished relegation-threatened Mt Kenya United 6-2 in yesterday’s matches at Kenyatta Stadium, Machakos.
Umar Kasumba’s last gasp penalty is all Batoto Ba Mungu needed to silence a stubborn KCB and take their points tally to 44 same as Gor, who have four games in hand.
Sofapaka earned the penalty after Titus Achesa was hacked down in the box by the bankers captain Michael Kibwage. The Ugandan made no mistake to beat goalkeeper Omar Adisa.
AFC Leopards match against hosts Sony Sugar will be replayed today (11am) in Awendo after the fixture was rained off yesterday. Leopards had taken an early lead through Whvonne Issuza goal before the referee called off the game on the hour mark.
In Kisumu, Bandari also revived their title hopes with a 2-1 victory over Western Stima to close the gap on the joint league leaders to two points.
Congolese import Yema Mwana scored the winning goal midway through the second half in a match that saw both teams end the game with ten men each.
Stima goalkeeper Samuel Odhiambo was the first to be sent off when he handled the ball outside the box on the stroke of halftime before Fred Nkata was sent off in the 86th minute.
At Bukhungu Stadium, on-form Kenyan international Allan Wanga was the hero scoring the lone goal of the game as Kakamega Homeboyz beat neighbours Vihiga United to go level on points with fifth-placed Tusker (37). The goal took Wanga’s tally to 13.
The brewers defeated Kariobangi Sharks 2-0 at Kasarani Stadium, while Ulinzi Stars bounced back to winning ways with an identical scoreline against Mathare United in Nakuru.
Elvis Nandwa and Oscar Wamalwa netted a goal each in the second half to the relief of head coach Benjamin Nyangweso.
“It was a tough match but the boys delivered the required results as we look forward to keep the winning streak,” said Nyangweso.
- Revealed: What Lampard demanded from Chelsea in contract talksFootball 1 month ago
- ‘We don’t fear the Lions’ declare Uganda ahead of clashFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Madagascar make history, edge DR Congo on penaltiesFootball 1 month ago
- England Rugby League star donates brain to scienceRugby 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars Vs Senegal: We can do it – MigneFootball 1 month ago
- Furious Messi blasts Copa America officials after loss to BrazilFootball 1 month ago
- What went wrong with Harambee Stars in Egypt?Football 1 month ago