Dentist who treated Liverpool stars Firmino, Jurgen Klopp and Sadio Mane talks about fixing the smile of his Anfield heroes
Liverpool stars Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino, and manager Jurgen Klopp have a reason to smile even if they don’t make it to the Premier League podium this season.
The trio can now proudly show their teeth thanks to the work of Robbie Hughes, who is the dentist behind the smile of several Liverpool stars.
The British based dentist first worked with former Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel after he fell victim to a training ground accident that tampered with his dental formula.
Later, other Liverpool stars walked in after former player Lucas Leiva noticed what Hughes had done for Skrtel.
He went in for a fix then informed Roberto Firmino about the new dentist in town.
'Roberto just wanted a new smile, explaining that he had to go above and beyond for the Brazil forward, when it comes to choosing the colour we have shades 4, 3, 2, 1 with one being the whitest. Roberto has seen the chart and asked for "maximo" - beyond one! We created that colour for him, Coutinho attended around the same time, it must have been a discussion around the dinner table. Lucas introduced them, they both decided they wanted to do something.' Said Hughes.
Later, during Liverpool training, Manager Jürgen Klopp noticed Firmino’s white smile and decided to visit Hughes too.
'When Jurgen came to see us he basically said he liked Roberto's teeth, he wouldn't want to go quite as white but he liked his teeth.' Hughes said.
Sadio Mane also followed his colleagues’ lead and Hughes had the same tale when asked about the Senegalese star.
'Sadio was seeing more and more smiles on the training pitch and wanted a piece of the action,' Hughes joked.
It looks like there is more than meets the eye on Hughes’ dealings with the Liverpool Stars as he has also worked with skipper Jordan Henderson and defender Alberto Moreno.
A Liverpool fan, Hughes will be looking forward to making more of his favourite stars smile.
- Drama as Mane scores, misses penalty as Senegal knock out UgandaFootball 1 month ago
- Solskjaer sends powerful message to Pogba on leaving Man United Football 1 month ago
- How Morocco sank Ivory Coast again at AFCONFootball 1 month ago
- Man City unveil new kits for 2019/20 season inspired by historic nightclubPremier League 1 month ago
- Meet Arsenal’s new striker – who had several trials at Man United Football 1 month ago
- OFFICIAL: PSG sign former Man United starFootball 1 month ago
- Life and times of Joe Kadenge [Photos]Football 1 month ago