Fifteen teams set to battle for Sevens crown
Dagoretti High School make their debut in rugby 15s as the national secondary schools Term One games begin today at Shimo La Tewa High School, in Mombasa.
The school qualified for the national games after defeating former champions Upper Hill 11-8 in the Nairobi Region final.
It was sweet revenge for Dagoretti after losing in last year’s semifinals to Upper Hill.
The Nairobi region champions take on Alliance Boys from Central in the opening match that will test their preparedness and seriousness of winning the title.
Going by their impressive form in the Nairobi Region games, Dagoretti have thrived in converting tries, but that form will be put to test today.
Coached by Victor Walgwe, Dagoretti will rely on Timothy Lugalia and Lucas Aluso for those invaluable tries.
Walgwe is aware of what awaits him from today to Saturday and the mentality he has instilled in the team should come in handy.
After he is done with Alliance, Dagoretti will then play Kwale High of Coast and Nyanza’s representatives Maseno School.
In pool B, Kakamega High will be out to test their stamina and ability to go all the way when they take on Kabianga in the opening match today.
Kangaru face Galana from Coast in another pool B match.
In rugby Sevens, the draw will be done today but defending champions Laiser Hill Academy will be the team to beat as they seek to win their second successive title.
- New 7s team coach Feeney promises to turn around Shujaa fortunes Rugby 2 days ago
- Formula One: Kenyans set to win F1 tripSports 2 days ago
- Rugby-fans allowed to bring food after shortages in World Cup stadiumsRugby 1 hour ago
- Arsenal fans take boasting to another level after 3-2 comeback win over VillaFootball 57 minutes ago
- Players' union wants matches postponed in extreme heatFootball 2 days ago
- Rugby World Cup kicks off with outstanding opening ceremony [Photos]Rugby 2 days ago
- Manchester United reminded of how far they’ve fallenFootball 1 hour ago