Fifteen teams set to battle for Sevens crown
Dagoretti High School make their debut in rugby 15s as the national secondary schools Term One games begin today at Shimo La Tewa High School, in Mombasa.
The school qualified for the national games after defeating former champions Upper Hill 11-8 in the Nairobi Region final.
It was sweet revenge for Dagoretti after losing in last year’s semifinals to Upper Hill.
The Nairobi region champions take on Alliance Boys from Central in the opening match that will test their preparedness and seriousness of winning the title.
Going by their impressive form in the Nairobi Region games, Dagoretti have thrived in converting tries, but that form will be put to test today.
Coached by Victor Walgwe, Dagoretti will rely on Timothy Lugalia and Lucas Aluso for those invaluable tries.
Walgwe is aware of what awaits him from today to Saturday and the mentality he has instilled in the team should come in handy.
After he is done with Alliance, Dagoretti will then play Kwale High of Coast and Nyanza’s representatives Maseno School.
In pool B, Kakamega High will be out to test their stamina and ability to go all the way when they take on Kabianga in the opening match today.
Kangaru face Galana from Coast in another pool B match.
In rugby Sevens, the draw will be done today but defending champions Laiser Hill Academy will be the team to beat as they seek to win their second successive title.
- Chelsea defender leaves Stamford BridgeFootball 1 week ago
- ‘Mafisi’ Kenyan athletes shower female journalist with cashGossip & Rumours 2 months ago
- Mbappe drops transfer bombshell in front of shocked bossFootball 1 month ago
- My teammates told me not to shoot, I ignored – KompanyPremier League 1 month ago
- Man City overtake Man United as most valuable clubFootball 1 month ago
- Liverpool advised to sell UCL hero this summer for controversial reasonFootball 2 weeks ago
- Norwich seal promotion to Premier LeagueFootball 1 month ago