Misikhu, Hillcrest face off in battle of former champions in Mombasa
Dethroned secondary schools’ girls’ hockey champions St Cecilia Misikhu and Hillcrest will lock horns in the battle of former champions as the 2019 national Term One games begin today at Shanzu Teachers Training College, Mombasa.
Misikhu and Hillcrest will battle at this year’s games to recapture the titles they last won in 2017 and 2007 respectively.
The two sides will clash in their opening group B match as they chase a brilliant start.
Bura Girls from Coast will take on former East Africa champions Kerugoya, who have been successful in the regional scene.
In group A, 2014 winners St John’s Kaloleni will announce their return to the nationals with a match against Nyamira Girls from Nyanza while St Joseph’s Kibwezi will tackle debutants St Mary’s Taachasis.
In the boys’ contest, hosts St George’s entertain defending champions St Anthony’s Kitale from Rift Valley in their opening group B encounter while Meru School from Eastern welcome rookies Mpesa Foundation Academy from Central.
In group A, former national and East Africa champions Friends School Kamusinga begin their quest to reclaim their lost glory against St Charles Lwanga.
- Manchester United fans receive good news about Sanchez transferFootball 1 month ago
- Former Premier League star reveals how close he came to committing suicidePremier League 1 month ago
- ‘Bench David De Gea NOW’ – Solskjaer told by ex-Arsenal starFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Gonzalez among six arrivals as Harambee Stars camp in France swellsFootball 2 weeks ago
- Shujaa up one spot despite gloomy show in Hong KongRugby 2 months ago
- World Athletics Championships: AK names strong line up despite stars missing outAthletics 1 month ago
- Former Premier League referee confesses his love for one teamFootball 2 months ago