Misikhu, Hillcrest face off in battle of former champions in Mombasa
Dethroned secondary schools’ girls’ hockey champions St Cecilia Misikhu and Hillcrest will lock horns in the battle of former champions as the 2019 national Term One games begin today at Shanzu Teachers Training College, Mombasa.
Misikhu and Hillcrest will battle at this year’s games to recapture the titles they last won in 2017 and 2007 respectively.
The two sides will clash in their opening group B match as they chase a brilliant start.
Bura Girls from Coast will take on former East Africa champions Kerugoya, who have been successful in the regional scene.
In group A, 2014 winners St John’s Kaloleni will announce their return to the nationals with a match against Nyamira Girls from Nyanza while St Joseph’s Kibwezi will tackle debutants St Mary’s Taachasis.
In the boys’ contest, hosts St George’s entertain defending champions St Anthony’s Kitale from Rift Valley in their opening group B encounter while Meru School from Eastern welcome rookies Mpesa Foundation Academy from Central.
In group A, former national and East Africa champions Friends School Kamusinga begin their quest to reclaim their lost glory against St Charles Lwanga.
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on plans to marry girlfriend Georgina RodriguezGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Champions League road to Istanbul beginsFootball 1 day ago
- Kenya confident as inaugural Africa fiesta kicks offAthletics 1 day ago
- USM Algier humble Gor Mahia in CAF Champions League matchFootball 1 day ago
- Blow for Kenya as Manangoi is ruled out of Doha WorldsAthletics 1 day ago
- Lionel Messi returns to full Barcelona trainingFootball 1 day ago
- World reacts to Kamworor’s new Half Marathon recordAthletics 2 days ago