Former Kenya Cup side Western Bulls
Former Kenya Cup side Western Bulls are on course for a return to top flight rugby after finishing the 2018-19 KRU Championship regular season with a 10-6 win over University of Eldoret.
The Echulusi are now second in the log with 54 points, five above United States International University-Africa (USIU) RFC, who have two matches in hand.
Scrumhalf Fidel Nyota and prop Joseph Obiero unconverted tries was enough to hand victory to the Kakamega outfit victory and team coach Bram Shikanda said he was happy they made the playoffs.
“I am happy we have achieved our target of making it to the playoffs. The season has been tricky but we have to focus on making it to the 2019-20 Kenya Cup season,” Shikanda said.
In Kakamega, Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology denied Kisii a playoff position finish after defeating them 13-0.
Claus Shirievo touched down twice for the university students while John Bahati slotted in a penalty to seal a fantastic season for the newbies who will become the second team after Kabras Sugar RFC to make quick Kenya Cup promotion.
The Kisii side needed maximum points to reach the playoffs at the expense of Mombasa who finished sixth.
In Nakuru, Catholic University defeated Egerton Wasps 32-10.
- Eliud Kipchoge on whether he can run normal marathon in under two hoursAthletics 2 days ago
- Jackpot winner now works as a coal delivery manGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Rugby: Kabras Sugar maintain winning sweetness in Kenya CupRugby 2 days ago
- Storms blunt Strathmore’s Swords to reach semi-finalsBasketball 2 days ago
- Stars jet back and set sights on Hawks tieFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Chebet and Kiplimo rule in Baringo 10km race Athletics 2 days ago
- Hockey: Scorpions sting at City Park too painful for SlidersHockey 2 days ago