Wazito remain top as stalemates dominate National Super League mid-week matches
Wazito maintained their pole position at the helm of the National Super League after being held in a goalless draw by second-placed Ushuru at Camp Toyoyo on Wednesday to complete a massive seven stalemates recorded in the mid-week matches across the country.
The draw took Fred Ambani’s team 51 points after 24 matches, two more than Ushuru and Nairobi Stima tied at 49 points.
Administration Police played a 3-3 draw against Fortune Sacco as Talanta became the only team to win their match at Camp Toyoyo which hosted three games.
Anthony Gicho and Brian Juma first-half strikes were enough to hand Abdallah Juma side an important victory after previously going down 3-1 to Coast Stima in Mombasa.
In Kisumu, Nairobi City Stars held host Kisumu All Stars to a 1-1 draw at Moi Stadium. City Stars looked set to break Frank Oduor’s long home unbeaten record in the super league when Peter Mwangi gave the visitors a 1-0 halftime lead.
However, Ian Mutanda’s second half dipping header ensured they shared the spoils and also maintaining their home record.
All stars stayed fourth with 47 points as John Amboko’s fight to avoid relegation continued to pile more pressure on the former Kenya Premier League team.
At the Afraha Stadium, 13th placed St. Joseph Youth also played to a 1-1 draw against Coast Stima with club top scorer Fadhili Adam netting for the Saints and Joshua Oyoo equalizing for the Mombasa based side.
In Gusii, Kibera Black stars Filbert Ochieng's extra time equalizer denied Gilbert Selebwa's side victory in a 1-1 draw with Shabana.
Daniel Murage had given the hosts the lead after 10 minutes of play before Ochieng pulled the slum boys level.
Nairobi Stima were also held to a barren draw by Kenya Police as Bidco United played 1-1 against Kangemi All-Stars.
Thika United, however, defeated Green Commandos 1-0 at Thika Stadium thanks to Peter Mwaniki’s second half penalty.
Eldoret Youth completed the only third victory registered on Wednesday as they edged out Migori Youth 2-1 at Eldoret Show Grounds.
NSL Midweek Results
FC Talanta 2-0 Modern Coast Rangers
Administration Police 3-3 Fortune Sacco
Wazito 0-0 Ushuru
Shabana 1-1 Kibera Black Stars
Eldoret Youth 2-1 Migori Youth
Thika United 1-0 Green Commandos
Bidco United 1-1 Kangemi All-Stars
Kisumu All Stars 1-1 Nairobi City Stars
Nairobi Stima 0-0 Kenya Police
St Joseph’s Youth 1-1 Coast Stima
- How Pochettino plans to ruin Guardiola's Champions League bid tonightFootball 1 month ago
- 'Vagina-shaped' stadium unveiled in Qatar ahead of the 2022 World Cup (Photos)Football 3 weeks ago
- Do you know Tiger Woods’ girlfriend? Meet the stunning Erica Herman [Photos]Golf 1 month ago
- Toure and Sterling blast Juventus over Kean abuseFootball 1 month ago
- LaLiga World Challenge: Sevilla name strong squad to face Simba SCFootball 4 days ago
- Eliud Kipchoge, Britain’s richest man hatch grand plan to make historyAthletics 2 weeks ago
- Football: Solskjaer retains coaching staff despite Man Utd slumpFootball 1 week ago