Conor McGregor challenges Mark Wahlberg to fight with Twitter threat
Conor McGregor only announced his sudden retirement on Tuesday - but he's now called out Hollywood star Mark Wahlberg for a fight.
The 30-year-old launched an astonishing Twitter attack at Wahlberg, branding him an "actress" and threatening to "smack him and his four brothers around".
I’ve decided to challenge Hollywood actress Mark Walhberg next.
A fight for all the shares! — Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) March 31, 2019
I’ll smack him and his 4 brothers around.
It wouldn’t be the first crew of brothers i’ve smacked around.
Check the history books.
The UFC history books. https://t.co/CEWc1JmL1y — Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) March 31, 2019
Following his retirement, McGregor is keen to own shares in UFC and is determined to beat up Wahlberg to take his cut of the company.
Over 20 A-list celebrities purchased stakes in the company back in 2016 when it was sold to Endeavor, with Wahlberg amongst the group.
"I’ve decided to challenge Hollywood actress Mark Walhberg next," McGregor said on Twitter.
"A fight for all the shares!
"I’ll smack him and his 4 brothers around.
"It wouldn’t be the first crew of brothers I’ve smacked around.
"Check the history books. The UFC history books."
The gym-obsessed actor previously said he'd be willing to sell shares to McGregor - but the Irishman now wants a fight to settle the matter.
“Cut the check,” Wahlberg said in 2016. “As a matter of fact, I’ll give him a piece of mine, because you know what, he’s the face of the UFC right now. But also, in business, you gotta cut the check.”
McGregor has continually asked UFC to give him shares in the company but Dana White has insisted it will never happen.
He's getting even more creative in his approach to try and get his own way by threatening to come out of retirement to try and beat up one of the world's biggest movie stars.
McGregor has not fought since his fourth-round submission defeat to Khabib Numagomedov at UFC 229 last October.
He announced his retirement last week and it remains to be seen whether he intends to stick to his announcement or appear in the Octagon again in the future.
- Paul Pogba – the problem child in Man United?Football 2 months ago
- "Can't wait to marry you" says boyfriend of UCL final pitch invaderFootball 2 weeks ago
- Semenya wins court battle in her fight to run without hormone suppressantsAthletics 1 week ago
- Why Liverpool will not be given real cup if they win Premier LeagueFootball 1 month ago
- BIG blow for Chelsea! Marcos Alonso delivers BAD NEWS to fansFootball 3 weeks ago
- KPL: KCB appoints Zedekiah ‘Zico’ Otieno as head coachFootball 6 days ago
- Wilfred Bungei: Alcohol nearly ruined meAthletics 2 months ago