SportPesa Shield: Western Stima edge out Wazito
Western Stima rallied from a goal down to knock out National Super League leaders Wazito 2-1 in a tight SportPesa Shield match played at Moi Stadium in Kisumu yesterday.
Stima became the second topflight side to reach the FKF Shield Cup quarter-finals joining KCB who defeated Vihiga Sportiff 4-0.
Goals from goalkeeper Samuel Abawa Odhiambo and Kennedy Agogo Otieno cancelled out Derrick Onyango’s first half opener to secure the victory for power men.
Team coach Paul Ogai said he was happy for the win as they prepare to face Tusker in the SportPesa Premier League on Wednesday.
“We played well today and am happy with the response of the team after going behind by halftime. The team spirit is good and now we are going to focus on our next league match away at Tusker,” Ogai said.
- Another blow for Wanyama at Tottenham ahead of new season Football 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars hint match against Senegal is their last at AFCONFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 1 month ago
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 1 month ago
- Mane says he will step down as Senegal penalty-taker for nowFootball 1 month ago
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 month ago
- WWE superstar rushed to hospital with 'separated pelvis' after fightSports 1 month ago