Eagle Wings rout Western Delights in league
Eagle Wings left visitors Western Delight with no delight as they beat them to 68-38 in a Kenya Basketball Federation (KBF) women’ Premier League match at Nyayo Gymnasium yesterday.
Beryl Okoth scored 14 points for Eagle Wings to see her side break away from the opponent after half time 21 points tie. The match was evenly contested in the first quarter but it was Eagle Wings who took a 10-9 lead. Delight fought back in the second quarter to take it 12-11 for a 21-21 level.
Okoth looked determined in the third quarter as her side managed a 18-11 score, breaking away with a seven points lead. Western Delight were subdued in the final quarter as they struggled to keep pace with Eagles. Their efforts were fruitless as Eagles sunk 24 points against their six to seal victory.
In another women’s Premier League encounter, United States International University of Africa (USIU-A) Flames edged out Kenyatta University (KU) Oryx 46-43 in extra time.
Trailing their opponents by one point at half-time, Flames took the third quarter in 12-7 before KU Oryx regrouped to take the fourth 11-7 for a level 38-38 score in regular time.
- Man United manager Solskjaer speaks on new club signingsFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 1 month ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago