Klopp urges Salah to use Liverpool teammate Mane as inspiration
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says Mohamed Salah should use Sadio Mane as inspiration as the Egypt star looks to hit peak form after an inconsistent season.
Salah scored 44 times in his debut season with Liverpool, but his second campaign has not been so smooth.
Although Salah has 20 goals in the current campaign, his goalless run of seven matches is the longest he has experienced since a 10-game streak for Roma in 2015-16.
That is a concern, with Liverpool chasing their first English title since 1990 and also through to the Champions League quarter-finals.
Fortunately for Liverpool, Senegal winger Mane is in fine form and has moved level on 20 goals with Salah, after netting 11 in as many games.
Mane had gone goalless in eight outings in November and December during a spell of 17 matches in which he scored just three times.
Having seen Mane work through his drought successfully, Klopp believes Salah will soon see his luck change in front of goal as well.
"Sadio played pretty much always like this but now he is always in the right spot in the right moment. In football it's sometimes like this," Klopp told Liverpool's website.
"He is in a really good moment, of course. The only thing he did when he was not always in the right spot was work and work and work.
"That's exactly what Mo has to do, exactly the same, just work, do the right things and it will come again.
"He's just rather unlucky, where Sadio is lucky at the moment -- he is in brilliant shape, that's true.
"But then, he is in the right shape and maybe a yard away from him is Mo, but somebody else scored. That's how it is, all good."
- Stage set for Kenya Cup play-offs clashRugby 2 weeks ago
- USA star returns to pre-season training six months pregnantFootball 1 month ago
- Solskjaer: Why we can stop Lionel Messi tonightFootball 2 weeks ago
- Big shots set for Eldoret City MarathonAthletics 6 days ago
- How ‘noisy neighbours’ City could ruin Red Devils’ UCL dreamFootball 1 month ago
- Raheem Sterling's England's best player on and off the pitchFootball 1 month ago
- Inside Floyd Mayweather's private jetBoxing 3 weeks ago