Fans fume as Jurgen Klopp named above Arsene Wenger in top 50 managers list
France Football's list of the top 50 managers of all-time doesn't appear to have been too kind to one particular Frenchman, at least according to Arsenal fans.
Perhaps looking to fill some space during the international break - hey, we've all been there - the respected football publication revealed their list of the top 50 bosses in football history on Monday.
Dutch legend Rinus Michels - the architect of the great Ajax sides and of 'Total Football' - was named as No.1, ahead of Sir Alex Ferguson and Arrigo Sacchi at two and three.
The only current bosses in the top 10 were Pep Guardiola and Carlo Ancelotti, but it wasn't long before eyes were drawn further down the list.
Jose Mourinho comes in at No.13, Brian Clough at No.15 and Zinedine Zidane at No.22, but it is Jurgen Klopp's position at No.27 which got plenty of attention, especially when compared to Arsene Wenger's at No.32.
And you know how this goes by now, plenty of football fans weren't happy.
Have they got a point though?
While Klopp did win two Bundesliga titles with Borussia Dortmund, you don't have to stray too far into social media before you find someone pointing out his lack of trophies in three-and-a-half years at Liverpool.
That might change this season of course, but compare that to Wenger's three Premier League titles and seven FA Cups during his 22 years at Arsenal and... well people weren't happy.
Football: It's a game of opinions.
DailyDoseOdGriffin: Klopp and Simeone are above Wenger. Brought to you by the people who said Messi was 5th best. Unreal stupidity from FF
Matt Cullen: Horrific list! Fergie not top!? But even worse, Klopp above Wenger
Goonersnipe: Klopp is above Wenger. Fella ain’t won a dicky bird. Fraudulent
Armani Blackwell: Jurgen Klopp ahead of Arsene Wenger? Delete this and come again!
Gary Watt: Ignorance? Wenger has won more trophies than Klopp, more individual awards than Klopp. Even his peers rate him as one of the greats. Nobody is saying Klopp hasn’t achieved anything, but his career is nowhere near the level of Wenger.
VAYU: Klopp over over Wenger? Instantly lost all credibility.
- Dutch great Robben announces retirement from footballFootball 1 month ago
- Trouble in Egypt as football chief quits after shock AFCON exitFootball 1 month ago
- IDPA Expert shooter Onyango set for MagTech Cup in HungarySports 1 month ago
- Neymar's dad makes shock admission over PSG superstar's return to BarcelonaFootball 1 month ago
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 1 month ago
- ‘New signing’ Victor Wanyama set to stay at Tottenham despite Ndombele ArrivalFootball 1 month ago
- BREAKING: PSG confirm Neymar has gone absent without leave after failing to show up for pre-seasonFootball 1 month ago