Sofapaka end Leopard's winning streak in Kakamega
Sofapaka brought to an end AFC Leopards’ two-match winning streak with a 1-0 win at Bukhungu Stadium in SportPesa Premier League (SPL) match yesterday.
John Avire’s header from Umar Kasumba’s delivery in the 40th minute made all the difference for Sofapaka as they moved to the top of the log for the first time this season with 33 points.
The result was a drawback for Leopards who went into the match with wins against Sony Sugar and Tusker.
New Leopards signing David ‘Cheche’ Ochieng started on the bench in a match they wasted a few chances in the first half.
Victor Majid was the toast for Leopards as he tested Sofapaka goalkeeper Justin Ndikumana a few times while, on the other side, Stephen Waruru remained a thorn in Leopard’s backline.
Kasumba picked out from Avire in the 40th minute with a near perfect cross which the latter headed home with the Leopard’s backline beaten.
At Kasarani Stadium, Kariobangi Sharks picked the three points after overcoming Nzoia Sugar 1-0.
Eric Kapaito, who was on comeback from injury, scored the lone goal in the 19th minute.
Kariobangi Sharks, the GOtv champion, have been struggling to make an impact in the league as most players are nursing injuries. Harrison Mwendwa and Eric Abege are back for selection.
- Refugee footballer becomes Australian citizen after Thai ordealFootball 1 week ago
- Post-mortem reveals Cardiff City star Emiliano Sala’s cause of deathFootball 1 month ago
- Football: What Willy Caballero did after Chelsea winFootball 3 weeks ago
- Leaders grace Beyond Zero First Lady Half Marathon [Photos] Athletics 1 week ago
- Plane cushions found in search for missing football player SalaFootball 1 month ago
- Goretzka rescues new-look German side from Serbian humiliation Football 7 hours ago
- English giants step up in this season's Champions LeagueFootball 6 days ago