Kenya Pros David Opati and David Wakhu first to tee
The 2019 Magical Kenya Open presented by Absa is underway at the par 71 Karen Country Club with 208 golfers comprising 52 professionals and 156 amateurs taking part in the Open Pro-am.
The Pro-Am usually precedes the main tournament where the amateur golfers compete to make the cut for the main championship the following day.
The first Kenyan Pro to tee off was David Opati (7:20 am) followed by David Wakhu (7:30 am).
Jacob Okello8:50 am), Greg Snow (9:10 am) are among Kenya's top golfers to have teed off.
The defending champion, Italy's Lorenzo Gagli will tee off at 1:40 pm at the first tee with South Korea Internet sensation H. Choi teeing off at 1:50 pm at the first tee.
Former captain of Europe's Ryder Cup team Thomas Bjorn tees off at 2.00 pm at the 10 tee. Former champion South Africa's Haydn Porteous (2:20Pm) at the first tee.
Standard Group are the Media partners.
- Allan Wanga retires from international footballFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 2 months ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago