AFC Leopards edge Tusker to move above relegation zone
AFC Leopards continued their resurgence with a 2-1 win over Tusker in a yesterday’s SportPesa Premier League match in Machakos that saw both teams finish with 10 men each.
Congolese import Wayi Yeka and Vincent Oburu’s second-half goals are all that Leopards needed to move away from the relegation zone as Tusker suffered a fourth consecutive defeat.
Substitute Muzerwa Amini controversially pulled a goal back for the brewers but that could not save them.
Leopards had to play with a man less after Isaac Kipyegon was sent off for a second bookable offence eight minutes to halftime.
Boniface Muchiri was also red-carded on the opposite end midway through the second half.
After a frustrating barren first half, Yeka broke the dead lock in the 62nd minute by tapping home substitute Moses Mburu’s corner kick.
This was just after the Congolese had wasted a golden chance.
But AFC suffered an injury blow after Mburu was stretched off with a suspected knee injury.
Tusker had a chance to draw level but Llyod Wahome, who’s leaving the team after many years of service, fluffed his close-range shot.
Oburu doubled the lead in the 72nd minute when he received a through ball.
- Liverpool player wages revealed Ahead of Tottenham clashFootball 1 month ago
- Photos: Semenya wins Doha 800m since gender ruling defeatAthletics 2 weeks ago
- Tiger Woods and girlfriend sued over wrongful death of barmanGolf 1 week ago
- Manchester United superstars in rift over scoring bonusesFootball 1 week ago
- How Messi reacted to Ronaldo's Champions League exitFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal’s new Adidas pre-match kit leaked [Photos]Football 3 weeks ago
- Athlete shocks the world, performs incredible 'Superman dive' to win race [Photos]Athletics 1 week ago