Beyond Zero First Lady Half Marathon in pictures
A brief background of the marathon
Launched in 2014 by HE. Margaret Kenyatta, the first lady of Kenya, Beyond Zero is a charitable organisation inspired by the realization and knowledge that maternal and children deaths are preventable. Beyond Zero is a call to action for policy prioritization and formulation, increased resource allocation, improved service delivery and better individual health-seeking behaviours and practices.
The Beyond Zero Initiative has used the Half Marathon as the anchor fundraising platform, raising funds and resources to bring to focus key challenges facing Kenyans especially women and children.
Among the Prominent personalities taking part in the event are First Lady Margaret Kenyatta, DP William Ruto, Sports Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohamed, former prime minister of Ethiopia Hailemariam Desalegn and Central Bank Governor Patrick Njoroge.
Photos [State House]
Paralympians are participating in the race for the first time.
David Bett won the Beyond Zero Half Marathon held in Nairobi on Sunday Morning.
The first three participants to cross the finish line in the half marathon will walk away with Sh250,000, Sh125,000 and Sh75,000 respectively.
The 10km race top three finishers will get Sh100,000, Sh60,000 and Sh40,000 respectively.
More to follow...
- Man City reach FA Cup final, stay on course for four trophiesFootball 1 week ago
- Football-mad French parents barred from naming baby 'Griezmann Mbappe'Sports 1 month ago
- West Ham 4-3 Huddersfield: Former Man United star Chicharito seals stunning London Stadium comebackFootball 1 month ago
- PSG consider legal action against ex-Man United man EvraFootball 1 month ago
- Inside Floyd Mayweather's private jetBoxing 2 weeks ago
- Marouane Fellaini announces retirementFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Migne eager to know Harambee Stars’ opponentsFootball 1 week ago