Man City coach reportedly agrees to join Italian giants
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has reportedly agreed to join Serie A giants Juventus.
The current coach, Massimiliano Allegri, is under immense pressure to deliver the Champions League to Turin and he is under contract with the Old Lady until 2020.
However, the decorated manager may decide to seek a fresh challenge elsewhere after much domestic success in Turin.
The Juventus board is said to be assessing available options should Allegri step down and Pep is believed to be high on their wish list.
According to renowned Italian journalist Luigi Guelpa, the City tactician fancies a chance to go to Turin and has verbally agreed to join on a four-year deal.
The journalist claims to have gotten the news from a reliable source which is credited for breaking the news of Cristiano Ronaldo’s move to Juventus last summer.
'I've learned that Pep Guardiola already has reached a verbal agreement with Juventus for the next four years. It's the same person who told me that Ronaldo was going to Juventus,' Guelpa told local radio.
The Spaniard has won titles in Spain, Germany and England and he is contracted with the Cityzens until the end of the 2020-21 season.
Despite Juventus being clear favourites to win the Serie A title for an eighth consecutive season, Allegri is under pressure to deliver the Champions League and could exit at the end of the season if he fails to win.
His team currently trail Atletico Madrid by two goals conceded during the first leg at the Wanda Metropolitano and will be looking to avoid a home exit when the La Liga giants visit on Tuesday.
- AFCON: Maybe this year will be the one – Senegal coachFootball 1 month ago
- Fans left confused after Coutinho puts future in doubtFootball 2 months ago
- Mercy Wanjiru stars at KDF showpieceAthletics 1 month ago
- Revealed: Reason why Paul Pogba was missing from Man Utd's first day back for pre-season trainingFootball 1 month ago
- Revealed: Why Chelsea delayed announcing Frank Lampard's return to Stamford BridgeFootball 1 month ago
- Drama as Mane scores, misses penalty as Senegal knock out UgandaFootball 1 month ago
- Shock as Messi faces two year banFootball 1 month ago