Chapa Dimba na Safaricom Eastern Regional Finals competition heads to Kitui County this weekend
Your weekend is bound to be fruitful as the 2nd edition of the #ChapaDimbanaSafaricom Eastern Regional Finals competition heads to Kitui Showground in Kitui County this weekend (March 9-10).
Eight teams are expected to compete in the crunch showdown and fight for an opportunity to play in the national finals in June. Meru County will host the tail end of the tourney.
In the girls’ category, Karugwa Queens (Meru Central) will entertain Chuka Starlets (Meru South) as Sakuu Queens from Marsabit battle Makueni’s St Mary’s Ndovea.
For the boys, Isiolo Young Stars are set to play Triumph Boys (Embu) as Super Solico from wingi play against the Samba Boys from Moyale.
Girls: Karugwa Queens Vs Chuka Starlets
Sakuu Queens Vs St Mary’s Ndovea
Boys: Isiolo Young Stars Vs Triumph Boys
Samba Boys Vs Super Solico
According to the Chapa Dimba Na Safaricom Eastern Region Coordinator, Iddy Badi, teams have showcased talent and proven their worth.
“The matches have been very competitive all the way from the grassroots level. We have seen new and aggressive players and teams putting their talents into action and we hope some of them will form the all-star team that will train in Spain. The teams are ready and we expect entertaining football this weekend,” said Badi.
Nyanza’s Manyatta Boys and Ndhiwa Queens have qualified for the national finals after winning their respective regional titles.
Western region’s Bishop Njenga Girls and Lugari Blue Saints are also through
The boys’ winner will pocket Sh200,000, runners up Sh100,000 and the boys’ best player will get Sh30,000.
The boys top scorer will win Sh30,000 and the boys best goalkeeper will pocket Sh30,000.00 respectively.
In the girls’ category, the winner will get Sh200,000, girls runner up Sh100,000.00 Girls and the top scorer will bag 30,000.
The girls’ best player will bag Sh30,000.00 and the best keeper to win Sh30,000.
The region’s competition began in January with 176 teams taking part in the preliminaries.
Chapa Dimba Na Safaricom is a national football tournament for male and female youth aged between 16-20 years.
The tournament aims to transform the lives of young people by giving them a platform to showcase their talent and an opportunity to earn from their passion.
VIDEO: Eastern Region Chapa Dimba football tournament to be held in Kitui
- Football: Scholes quits after 31 days as managerFootball 1 month ago
- World's strongest footballer in talks to join WWE after meeting The Rock [Photos] Football 1 week ago
- Kenyan man offered wife to friend if Man United lost to PSGFootball 1 month ago
- Football: Pogba wants 'happy coach' Solskjaer to stayPremier League 1 month ago
- 'Baby-faced assassin' Solskjaer grows into Man Utd managerFootball 3 weeks ago
- School games: Champions Sinyolo, Kisumu Day and Ambira complete easy winsHockey 1 month ago
- West Ham 4-3 Huddersfield: Former Man United star Chicharito seals stunning London Stadium comebackFootball 1 month ago