Netizens blast Arsenal youngster Guendouzi after poor show against Rennes
Arsenal youngster Matteo Guendouzi has become subject to heavy criticism following the Gunner's 3-1 loss to Stade Rennes in the Europa League Round of 16 first leg on Thursday night.
Guendouzi failed to track back for Rennes' third goal, leaving fans disgusted.
Alex Iwobi put the Arsenal ahead in the third minute but a shock red card for Defender Sokratis weakened the Premier League outfit.
Rennes grabbed the opportunity and used it to bully the Englishmen, forcing Nacho Monreal to score an own goal before Ismaila Sarr headed home from a well-executed counter-attack.
In a video that was seen by Game Yetu doing rounds on social media, the Frenchmen's quick feet got Arsenal by surprise when they lost possession high up the field.
Despite having a head start to track back and salvage the situation, the 20-year-old was left Floundering as teammate Aaron Ramsey ran past him.
Ramsey, however, didn't manage to stop Sarr from scoring a fine far post header.
This left Guendouzi at the mercy of disgraced Arsenal fans online, who didn't hesitate to blast his attitude and manner of play.
Here are some tweets collected by Game Yetu on the Video:
Anybody any idea why @UnaiEmery_ didn't want to bring Maitland-Niles? #Guendouzi unfortunately was dreadful look at him going back hazy hazy lazy lazy before the third goal @Arsenal @EuropaLeague @staderennais — marxelinho (@marxelinho1892) March 7, 2019
.@Arsenal Emery needs to speak with #Guendouzi regarding his propensity to dwell on the ball unnecessarily in key areas and also falling down easily — God Bless Arsenal (@Arsenalman2011) March 7, 2019
I don't even know why #Torriera plays in attack these days Instead of defensively. I don't know why #Guendouzi is always starting. Some very bad decision from #Emery once again. — Aisha Sharu (@SayyiSharu) December 26, 2018
- Shock as Messi faces two year banFootball 1 month ago
- Rice terraces and 'turtle shell' scrums: Barefoot rugby in VietnamRugby 1 month ago
- Michael Olunga: Senegal are also humanFootball 1 month ago
- Women’s World Cup: Social media uproar after ‘Tea-sipping’ goal celebrationFootball 1 month ago
- Everton legends call to Sharks ahead of friendlyFootball 1 month ago
- Shark-attack: Kariobangi Sharks drown EPL’s EvertonFootball 1 month ago
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 month ago