Gor Mahia face tough back-to-back test in North Africa
Gor Mahia will pitch a one week training camp in North Africa after this Sunday’s CAF Confederation Cup Group D return leg match against Algeria’s NA Hussein Dey in Algiers, the club has announced.
This has been occasioned by the fact that the current group leaders (six points) are scheduled to play Egyptian champions Zamalek in Alexandria seven days later.
The record Kenyan champions, who lost 2-1 away to Petro Atletico of Angola, overcame both Hussein Dey and Zamalek at Kasarani Stadium, 2-0 and 4-2 respectively.
This will be the second time for K’ogalo to pitch camp in a foreign land in less than three months after they camped in Ghana in readiness for their Champions League first round, return leg against Nigeria’s Lobi Stars.
Gor Mahia, who are coming off a 1-0 mid-week victory over Tusker in the domestic league, were due to depart for Algiers last night subject to tickets’ confirmation by the Ministry of Sports.
“We are waiting for confirmation of tickets. We had planned to leave tonight (Thursday) depending on availability of flight tickets which have been secured courtesy of Ministry of Sports. We have already given the Ministry’s agency our itinerary and we are in touch with them. Depending on how quickly the tickets will be issued, the team will leave latest tomorrow (today),” said Gor Mahia CEO Lordvick Aduda.
He said they have made arrangement with Kenyan ambassadors in Algeria and Egypt for the team to remain in North Africa after the Hussein Dey encounter.
“Plans are underway to ensure the team camps in North Africa for at least one week after the Hussein Dey match. Remember, we’ve another game against Zamelek after seven days, so we don’t want to waste resources," he said.
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Man United First training: New boy Daniel James in action [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Griezmann shocks football world, delivers on threat Football 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 1 month ago
- Uhuru to preside over Safari RallySports 1 month ago