Chelsea fans spot what Maurizio Sarri coaches did to Willy Caballero after Spurs win
Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri made a massive call when he dropped Kepa Arrizabalaga for their huge clash with Tottenham.
His decision was justified as replacement Willy Caballero kept a clean sheet in a superb 2-0 win to reignite their top four hopes at Stamford Bridge.
It was noticeable at full-time just how popular Caballero is at the club as the several members of Maurizio Sarri's coaching staff waited to congratulate him for his performance.
He paraded the pitch to lap up the applause from fans delighted with the victory over their local rivals before being met with a passionate reaction from his coaches on the touchline before he exited the pitch via the tunnel.
Fans on social media noted that it was "great love for Caballero from the bench" in a clear show of support.
Supporters were split on whether or not Sarri made the right call to seemingly punish Kepa for his apparent refusal to be substituted in the closing stages of Sunday's Carabao Cup Final.
Caballero did all he could to impress with his efforts and attitude not going unnoticed by those involved behind the scenes at Stamford Bridge.
His first team opportunity might be short-lived, however, with Sarri revealing after the game that Kepa will start one of their next two games.
They head to Fulham on Sunday before a Europa League last 16 clash with Dynamo Kyiv next Thursday.
- Take it or leave it: Man United make final offer to De GeaFootball 1 month ago
- Shark-attack: Kariobangi Sharks drown EPL’s EvertonFootball 1 month ago
- Rice terraces and 'turtle shell' scrums: Barefoot rugby in VietnamRugby 1 month ago
- Michael Olunga: Senegal are also humanFootball 1 month ago
- Women’s World Cup: Social media uproar after ‘Tea-sipping’ goal celebrationFootball 1 month ago
- Everton legends call to Sharks ahead of friendlyFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea's star midfielder signs five-year contract extensionFootball 1 month ago