You traded immortality for mediocrity, Celtic fans tell Brendan Rodgers
Brendan Rodgers' departure seems to be proving a hard reality to digest for Celtic FC fans after yet another wave of accusing fingers being pointed at their former manager.
The Scottish side's fans displayed a number of banners in their stand during their away match against Hearts FC in the Scottish Premiership last night which ended in a Celtic Victory.
'You traded immortality for mediocrity', 'Never a Celt, always a fraud,' were the nasty messages displayed by the Celtic faithful to show their disgust for the former Liverpool manager's decision to leave the perennial Scottish champions.
Rodgers moved to Leicester city in a 5m pounds a year, three-year deal and watched his new side beat Brighton and Hove Albion on Tuesday night in the EPL.
The Northern Irish tactician was successful in his two and a half season stay with the Hoops.
He enjoyed a trophy-laden stint in Scotland but just couldn't resist the lure of millions of pounds to return to the Premier League.
The reaction by the Celtic fans shows just how they feel betrayed by a man they trusted to deliver immortality at Celtic Park.
On his part, Rodgers who narrowly missed out on the English Premier League title with Liverpool will be looking to give it another shot with former Champions Leicester City.
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 1 month ago
- What went wrong with Harambee Stars in Egypt?Football 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia complete signing of Rwandese goal machineFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia to fly Kenyan flag in Kagame CupFootball 1 month ago
- How Kenyan stewards forgot their job as Kariobangi Sharks schooled Everton [Photos]Football 1 month ago