Manchester United star Anthony Martial apologises to fiancÃ©e over "mistakes" amid cheating allegations
Anthony Martial has issued a public apology to his fiancée amid cheating allegations.
The Daily Star alleges Martial slept with a French model last summer while his partner Melanie Da Cruz was pregnant.
She gave birth to their son Swan just weeks after the apparent meeting with Martial jetting home from Manchester United's pre-season tour to be by his fiancées side.
Martial took to Instagram on Wednesday night to apologise to her and his family for his "mistakes" and posted a picture of the couple on the back of a boat.
"I would like to apologise to my relatives, my beautiful family and especially my fiancée for the harm I have done in recent months," he posted.
"I made mistakes and I'm sorry it will not happen again."
Martial and French TV star Da Cruz got together in 2016 after he split from previous girlfriend Samantha Jacquelinet. They have a daughter together called Peyton.
Da Cruz made her name on a French adaptation of Big Brother and has since become a reality TV star.
Martial has played a key role in United's recent revival under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Old Trafford.
The Frenchman picked up an injury in the Champions League defeat to PSG last week and was tipped to be on the sidelines for up to three weeks.
But both he and Jesse Lingard - who was also injured during the match - have made rapid recoveries and could even feature against Liverpool this weekend.
United are yet to taste defeat in the Premier League under Solskjaer and go into the clash in fourth place.
They will also have one eye on the title race with victory over Liverpool handing a real boost to City as they look to retain their crown.
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 1 month ago
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 1 month ago
- Why Wanyama will still be forced out of Tottenham even if Eriksen departsFootball 1 month ago
- Uhuru leads Kenyans in mourning KadengeFootball 1 month ago
- Big Boys don’t cry: Which way next for Golf Majors?Golf 1 month ago
- Nigeria suffers shock loss to AFCON debutants MadagascarFootball 1 month ago
- Kenya taught vital football lesson by SenegalFootball 1 month ago