Andy Murray undergoes hip surgery in London
Former world number one Andy Murray has undergone a hip resurfacing surgery in London, the 31-year-old said on Instagram on Tuesday.
Three-times Grand Slam winner Murray has struggled to regain form since undergoing a hip operation last January and was knocked out in the first round of the Australian Open, having said that the tournament could be his last as a professional.
“I now have a metal hip,” Murray wrote in a post on Instagram following his surgery on Monday.
“Feeling a bit battered and bruised just now but hopefully that will be the end of my hip pain.”
- AK moves to arrest age cheating and cover injuries ahead of U20 eventAthletics 6 days ago
- Anxiety over reports Harambee Stars could miss Ghana tripFootball 1 month ago
- Volleyball: Atuka relishing Pipeline’s underdog tagVolleyball and Handball 4 weeks ago
- Football mourns tragic death of Swaleh in ill-fated Ethiopian Airlines planeFootball 1 month ago
- Napoli draw puts Juventus coronation on holdFootball 1 week ago
- Football: What Willy Caballero did after Chelsea winFootball 1 month ago
- Despite win, Arsenal issue heartfelt apology to Man United’s SmallingPremier League 1 month ago