Andy Murray undergoes hip surgery in London
Former world number one Andy Murray has undergone a hip resurfacing surgery in London, the 31-year-old said on Instagram on Tuesday.
Three-times Grand Slam winner Murray has struggled to regain form since undergoing a hip operation last January and was knocked out in the first round of the Australian Open, having said that the tournament could be his last as a professional.
“I now have a metal hip,” Murray wrote in a post on Instagram following his surgery on Monday.
“Feeling a bit battered and bruised just now but hopefully that will be the end of my hip pain.”
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 2 months ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago