Mwangi receives StarTimes Sports Personality award
Telkom women’s hockey forward Jackline Mwangi was yesterday named the StarTimes Sports Personality of the Month for December.
The player scored five goals at the 2018 Africa Cup for Club Championship held in Abuja last year to emerge top scorer thus helping her team to reclaim the continental club title.
Her partnership upfront with fellow striker Audrey Omaido, who also bagged five goals, saw the team clinch a record 10th title.
Telkom were also crowned women’s team of the year at the Soya gala in Mombasa a fort night ago. Telkom had relinquished their title to GRA last year after a 1-0 loss in the final in Accra.
Mwangi’s proved her mettle in the 2018 Kenya Hockey Union women’s Premier League as she emerged top scorer with sixteen goals to propel the club to a record 21 titles.
“It feels good win this award and it encourages me to keep performing at the highest level. Obviously, I could not have done it without my teammates and coach so I also thank them for their support,” said a delighted Mwangi via a phone call.
“Jackie has been an asset to this team, for the past seven years I have played with her I have seen a lot of discipline, determination and her urge to make the team better ,” said Tracy Karanja while receiving the trophy on Jackie’s behalf.
Speaking during the award ceremony, StarTimes Marketing and PR Director Japhet Akhulia said: “Mwangi becomes our 18th recipient of the award.
- Malaysian golfer dies in hotel roomGolf 1 month ago
- Why Liverpool fans are angry with Klopp's tactical change after Messi goalFootball 2 weeks ago
- Inside Messi's training: Barcelona star wears camera to offer fans incredible insight [Photos]Football 5 days ago
- 10 football stars who have dated the same womenFootball 1 month ago
- Drama in China marathon as race leader taken down wrong routeAthletics 1 week ago
- Ajax coach proud of players after agonising defeatFootball 1 week ago
- Unstoppable Mbappe kills off Toulouse resistanceFootball 1 month ago