Mwangi receives StarTimes Sports Personality award
Telkom women’s hockey forward Jackline Mwangi was yesterday named the StarTimes Sports Personality of the Month for December.
The player scored five goals at the 2018 Africa Cup for Club Championship held in Abuja last year to emerge top scorer thus helping her team to reclaim the continental club title.
Her partnership upfront with fellow striker Audrey Omaido, who also bagged five goals, saw the team clinch a record 10th title.
Telkom were also crowned women’s team of the year at the Soya gala in Mombasa a fort night ago. Telkom had relinquished their title to GRA last year after a 1-0 loss in the final in Accra.
Mwangi’s proved her mettle in the 2018 Kenya Hockey Union women’s Premier League as she emerged top scorer with sixteen goals to propel the club to a record 21 titles.
“It feels good win this award and it encourages me to keep performing at the highest level. Obviously, I could not have done it without my teammates and coach so I also thank them for their support,” said a delighted Mwangi via a phone call.
“Jackie has been an asset to this team, for the past seven years I have played with her I have seen a lot of discipline, determination and her urge to make the team better ,” said Tracy Karanja while receiving the trophy on Jackie’s behalf.
Speaking during the award ceremony, StarTimes Marketing and PR Director Japhet Akhulia said: “Mwangi becomes our 18th recipient of the award.
- Wilfried Zaha breaks silence on Arsenal transfer link and gives fans much-needed hopeFootball 1 month ago
- Big Boys don’t cry: Which way next for Golf Majors?Golf 1 month ago
- Nigeria suffers shock loss to AFCON debutants MadagascarFootball 1 month ago
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 1 month ago
- Why Wanyama will still be forced out of Tottenham even if Eriksen departsFootball 1 month ago
- Uhuru leads Kenyans in mourning KadengeFootball 1 month ago
- Champions League pitch invader arrested trying to do the same at Copa AmericaFootball 1 month ago