Footballer fired for betting
Gheorghe Hagi’s football club in Romania says it has terminated a player’s contract for gambling on games.
Viitorul Constanta, which is owned and coached by the former Romania great, had previously said it suspended Mihai Vodut while verifying media reports of his betting.
A Romanian news website published claims by a former girlfriend of the 24-year-old forward that she placed bets on his team’s games at his request.
Viitorul says the player’s contract specified that betting was forbidden
- Man Utd predicted line up vs Chelsea in FA Cup revealedFootball 4 days ago
- Champions League: Here’s who to put your money on tonightFootball 2 days ago
- Jose Mourinho set for shock return to former clubFootball 2 weeks ago
- Cesar Azpilicueta pens new deal at ChelseaFootball 2 months ago
- Soya: Nine make the cut ahead of sports awardsVolleyball and Handball 2 months ago
- Limping AFC Leopards face Gor MahiaFootball 1 week ago
- Chelsea manager Sarri sends emotional message to MourinhoFootball 2 months ago