Footballer fired for betting
Gheorghe Hagi’s football club in Romania says it has terminated a player’s contract for gambling on games.
Viitorul Constanta, which is owned and coached by the former Romania great, had previously said it suspended Mihai Vodut while verifying media reports of his betting.
A Romanian news website published claims by a former girlfriend of the 24-year-old forward that she placed bets on his team’s games at his request.
Viitorul says the player’s contract specified that betting was forbidden
- TRANSFER: Liverpool told to sell Divock Origi this summer for controversial reasonFootball 1 week ago
- Harambee Stars to face Mané, Mahrez in Afcon 2019Football 2 months ago
- Do you know Tiger Woods’ girlfriend? Meet the stunning Erica Herman [Photos]Golf 2 months ago
- Manchester United: Luke Shaw wins best player award (Photos)Football 1 month ago
- Valencia stun deflated Barcelona to win Copa del ReyFootball 3 weeks ago
- Maurizio Sarri leaves Chelsea to join Juventus Football 1 day ago
- Athletics: It will be Obiri versus Semenya in PrefontaineAthletics 3 weeks ago