Everton legend Pienaar to grace tourney
Everton legend Steven Pienaar will be in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania to encourage young footballers in East Africa region to take football seriously. Pienaar will also take part in football training with the Tanzanian U17 national team, which will participate at this year’s Afcon for U17 teams to be played in Dar es Salaam in April.
SportPesa Tanzania Director of Administration and Compliance Tarimba Abbas said Pienaar’s visit will be one of the company’s long initiatives on developing football in the country. “SportPesa has for long been coming up with initiatives to develop football in Tanzania. That’s why we at SportPesa and Everton brought Pienaar in the country,” he said.
- Arsenal man announces he is out for the rest of the season with groin injuryFootball 1 month ago
- Eric Omondi’s Video mocking Manchester United goes viral across the worldGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Photos: Roberto Firmino winning Champions League final battleFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal star defender confirms shock departureFootball 1 week ago
- Japan Olympic minister steps downOlympics 2 months ago
- Kenyan footballer handed 10-year ban by FIFA for match-fixingFootball 1 month ago
- Semenya wins court battle in her fight to run without hormone suppressantsAthletics 2 weeks ago