Leandro Paredes agrees Chelsea transfer terms as Blues close in on Cesc Fabregas replacement
Chelsea are edging closer to landing Leandro Paredes as their Cesc Fabregas replacement.
Argentina international Paredes is the most likely midfield arrival at Stamford Bridge following Fabregas’s exit with Cagliari’s Nicolo Barella reluctant to move mid-season.
Paredes, 24, has already agreed personal terms with Chelsea who have firmed up their interest with a £27m offer.
Zenit want key player Paredes to stay but there are also fears that he is so determined to join Chelsea that he may go on strike if they don’t agree a deal.
So Russian league leaders Zenit have begun hunting for a replacement of their own before giving Paredes the green light to leave for London.
Paredes scored 15 goals and set up 10 more in 61 appearances for Zenit, who he joined in 2017 from Roma for an initial £21m.
- Manchester United fans react as Paul Pogba posts picture with Mohamed SalahFootball 3 weeks ago
- BetLion launches Sh350m jackpotSports 1 month ago
- Mourinho created poisonous atmosphere – Sanchez confesses ahead of Chelsea clashFootball 3 days ago
- Jose Mourinho set for shock return to former clubFootball 2 weeks ago
- Man United squad to face Fulham revealed – with one major absenteePremier League 1 week ago
- Arsenal extend unbeaten run in four-goal thrillerFootball 2 months ago
- Kabras face Impala test in crunch Kenya Cup tieRugby 2 months ago