Leandro Paredes agrees Chelsea transfer terms as Blues close in on Cesc Fabregas replacement
Chelsea are edging closer to landing Leandro Paredes as their Cesc Fabregas replacement.
Argentina international Paredes is the most likely midfield arrival at Stamford Bridge following Fabregas’s exit with Cagliari’s Nicolo Barella reluctant to move mid-season.
Paredes, 24, has already agreed personal terms with Chelsea who have firmed up their interest with a £27m offer.
Zenit want key player Paredes to stay but there are also fears that he is so determined to join Chelsea that he may go on strike if they don’t agree a deal.
So Russian league leaders Zenit have begun hunting for a replacement of their own before giving Paredes the green light to leave for London.
Paredes scored 15 goals and set up 10 more in 61 appearances for Zenit, who he joined in 2017 from Roma for an initial £21m.
- Video: Racism? Valencia fan spits at arsenal hat trick hero AubameyangFootball 1 month ago
- Schools: St. Joseph dethrones Kisumu Day to win soccer giants titleFootball 2 months ago
- Referee accidentally scores a goal then allowed it to standFootball 3 weeks ago
- Pogba: This is why I converted to Islam despite not being raised as a MuslimFootball 6 days ago
- After suffering heart attack, Goalkeeper Casillas tweets from hospital bedFootball 1 month ago
- Basketball: Hawk-eyed bankers outsmart SwordsBasketball 1 week ago
- How Man Utd or Tottenham could land Gareth Bale for free this summerFootball 4 weeks ago