Basketball: Equity bank KBF league trophy
Equity Bank Hawks are the 2018 Kenya Basketball Federation (KBF) women's Premier League champions.
The bankers reclaimed the title they lost to Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) last season with a 3-1 victory. They won 73-64 yesterday at the Nyayo Gymnasium.
Equity coach David Maina attributed their success to teamwork saying they all fought hard to recapture their title.
"We all wanted to win the title and so each one of us put in more effort to execute their individual roles well. Teamwork won the trophy for us because we played as a unit in every match," Maina said.
His KPA equal Antony Ojukwu said it was not all about winning the title but reaching the final.
"Making it to the final was in itself a huge achievement because we lost six key players this season and our team was not as strong as it was before," Ojukwu said.
After going down 57-67 in Game One at Makande Hall Mombasa on Wednesday, the bankers fought to win the second tie 64-47 and level matters 1-1 before travelling to Nairobi for the remaining three games.
There was no looking back for the Hawks who were itching to restore their lost glory as they battled to a 64-59 victory for a 2-1 lead ahead of yesterday's clash.
In Game Four, they made their intentions to snatch the title known after taking the first quarter 19-6.
- SHOCKING VIDEO: Arnold Schwarzenegger attacked with flying kick in South Africa Gossip & Rumours 2 months ago
- Manchester United secure major signing ahead of new seasonFootball 2 weeks ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 2 weeks ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 2 weeks ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 week ago
- Football: Tottenham medical staff branded 'disgusting and pathetic'Football 2 months ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 week ago