Basketball: Equity bank KBF league trophy
Equity Bank Hawks are the 2018 Kenya Basketball Federation (KBF) women's Premier League champions.
The bankers reclaimed the title they lost to Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) last season with a 3-1 victory. They won 73-64 yesterday at the Nyayo Gymnasium.
Equity coach David Maina attributed their success to teamwork saying they all fought hard to recapture their title.
"We all wanted to win the title and so each one of us put in more effort to execute their individual roles well. Teamwork won the trophy for us because we played as a unit in every match," Maina said.
His KPA equal Antony Ojukwu said it was not all about winning the title but reaching the final.
"Making it to the final was in itself a huge achievement because we lost six key players this season and our team was not as strong as it was before," Ojukwu said.
After going down 57-67 in Game One at Makande Hall Mombasa on Wednesday, the bankers fought to win the second tie 64-47 and level matters 1-1 before travelling to Nairobi for the remaining three games.
There was no looking back for the Hawks who were itching to restore their lost glory as they battled to a 64-59 victory for a 2-1 lead ahead of yesterday's clash.
In Game Four, they made their intentions to snatch the title known after taking the first quarter 19-6.
- Star footballer abandons match, rushes to hospital after wife goes into labour [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Arsenal goalkeeper collapses on pitch after hard knockFootball 18 hours ago
- Dead man walking? Maurizio Sarri to be sacked if he...Football 3 weeks ago
- Breaking: Lionel Messi returns to Argentina squad for 1st time since World CupFootball 1 week ago
- How Solskjaer used Ronaldo to convince Martial to sign new dealPremier League 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars drops one spot in latest FIFA rankingsFootball 1 month ago
- KPC ladies' volleyball team beat Rwanda in Africa Club Championship Volleyball and Handball 22 hours ago