Why SportPesa has cancelled Mega Jackpot- hours to kick-off
Betting firm SportPesa has announced the cancellation of its weekend’s Mega Jackpot.
The decision came after half of this weekend's French Ligue 1 football matches were postponed following a series of violent protests that have been held in major French cities over the past three weekends against a rise in fuel tax.
“Due to unrest in France, three Ligue 1 games that were in the #SportPesaMegaJackpot have been postponed. In line with our Terms and Conditions, the Mega Jackpot has been cancelled,” read part of the statement.
The statement further added that all its customers who had placed bets on the Mega Jackpot will get a full refund.
“All bets will be refunded in full. The new Mega Jackpot will be released next week,” the statement added.
The affected Mega jackpot Ligue 1 matches are; Angers vs Bordeaux, Nimes vs Nantes and St. Etienne vs Marseille.
- Mourinho FINALLY reveals why they were beaten by Liverpool Football 10 hours ago
- Muhammad Ali’s son: I expected to inherit Sh516m after my father’s death, now I’m surviving on less than Sh700 a dayBoxing 2 days ago
- Football: How Kenyans left others hurting in Copa tournamentFootball 22 hours ago
- Police look into alleged anti-Semitic chanting after Chelsea matchFootball 1 hour ago
- View Starting Lineups - Liverpool vs Man Utd at 7pmFootball 1 day ago
- Liverpool are the 'lucky ones' moans MourinhoFootball 1 day ago
- Huge rule change coming to Champions LeagueFootball 3 weeks ago