Good news about Barcelona superstar coming to Arsenal
Barcelona insist they have no plans to let Ousmane Dembele leave the club.
The Frenchman has been linked with Liverpool and Arsenal amid reports he has angered Barca with his lack of discipline and punctuality.
Dembele arrived from Borussia Dortmund before the start of last season and there have been suggestions he could even move on in January.
His representatives met with the Barca board earlier this week as they look to find a solution to his off-field issues.
The La Liga champions' general manager Pep Segura has now lifted the lid on that meeting and warned he will not be going anywhere.
"There is no problem with Dembele. He is very young and has never had to make an effort like the one he is doing now to adapt to Barca's game," he told SER radio.
"‘We recognise that it is hard for him and he also recognises it, but we’re working to change this situation as quickly as possible.
"Yes, we had a meeting, just like I met with three other representatives, but it’s normal, it’s part of my job, they’re natural things."
Dembele was linked with an £85m move to Liverpool earlier this week but it appears unlikely the Reds will make a bid.
However, reports in Spain suggest Arsenal are still keeping tabs on the player's progress.
Gunners chief Sven Mislintat took Dembele from Rennes during his time at Dortmund and remains a huge admirer.
- Serie A champions pay price for resting Cristiano RonaldoFootball 1 month ago
- Kenya Rugby Union appoints new Secretary GeneralRugby 3 weeks ago
- Boxing: Anthony Joshua slammed for remarks on RonaldoBoxing 1 month ago
- UCL: Juventus look to turn tables on Atletico MadridFootball 1 month ago
- Tottenham post world-record profit as stadium costs pass £1 billionFootball 2 weeks ago
- Leicester welcome Brendan with win over BrightonFootball 1 month ago
- How Manchester City plans to compensate victims of child sexual abusePremier League 1 month ago