Sergio Ramos sparks outrage by leaving Viktoria Plzen star in a bloodied mess
Sergio Ramos was back at it in the Champions League on Wednesday evening as his flailing arm caught Viktoria Plzen's Milan Havel square in the face.
Czech under-21 left-back Havel was left with blood pouring from his nose following the incident, which appeared to start with Ramos glancing at him before he approached him.
The Real Madrid skipper then raised his arm and smashed the 24-year-old in the face, before innocently looking up at referee Deniz Aytekin.
The Turkish official opted not to show Ramos a card.
The incident occurred with the match still at 0-0, with quickfire goals from Karim Benzema and Casemiro quickly putting the reigning champions two up, and Benzema and Gareth Bale adding further goals before the break.
Given Ramos's previous in the Champions League - most notably his challenge on Mo Salah in last season's final which forced the Liverpool man off the pitch - it wasn't long before fans on Twitter made their feelings known.
'@jord_lcfc" wrote: "Sergio Ramos at it again."
'@Chiva1908' added: "I see Sergio Ramos is back at it again lol And didn’t even get a yellow smh."
'@damowamo74' wrote: "And again dirty ramos using elbow. Has to get a ban the dirty cheat .. mon fifa open your eyes this guy should be in mma fighter."
- Rally: KNRC battle moves to Machakos CountySports 10 hours ago
- I earn an indecent amount of money at PSG – Kylian MbappeFootball 3 days ago
- Equity, KCB battle in final roundSports 2 days ago
- Harambee Stars’ AFCON race is not done until fat lady singsFootball 2 weeks ago
- Kisii-based Shabana FC makes a return to the NSLFootball 2 weeks ago
- Gor Mahia coach Dylan Kerr resignsFootball 1 day ago
- VAR to be used in Premier LeagueFootball 1 day ago