â€˜Come out in large numbers this Sundayâ€™ â€“ Sports CS Rashid Achesa urges Kenyans
Following Harambee Stars’ goalless draw with Ethiopia in an African Cup of Nations qualifier on Wednesday, Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Achesa has taken the opportunity to urge Kenyans to get behind the national team, with the prospect of qualifying for Cameroon 2019 looming.
Harambee Stars leapfrogged Ghana in Group F to claim first sport after settling for a barren draw at the Bahir Dar stadium yesterday.
Following Sierra Leone’s shocking ban by FIFA, an 'everything to play for' situation was created in Group F. Now that Harambee Stars managed to hold on and collect a point, the replay scheduled for Sunday at the Moi International Sports Centre Kasarani has taken a whole new meaning.
Three more points will more or less confirm Kenya’s qualification for the AFCON.
Achesa, on his Twitter handle, called upon all football lovers to come out in large numbers on Sunday to support the national team.
“I call upon all football enthusiasts to come out in large numbers and join us in cheering on Harambee Stars this Sunday at the Kasarani Stadium in their return leg match against Ethiopia in the #AFCON2019 qualifiers match. #SimamaNaHarambeeStars,” he tweeted.
I call upon all football enthusiasts to come out in large numbers and join us in cheering on @HarambeeStars_ this Sunday at the Kasarani Stadium in their return leg match against Ethiopia in the #AFCON2019 qualifiers match. #SimamaNaHarambeeStars — Rashid Echesa (@CSRashidEchesa) October 10, 2018
He also congratulated the team for the barren draw managed against Ethiopia.
“Congratulations to Harambee Stars on a game well played against Ethiopia in the #AFCON2019 qualifiers,” he said.
- Wilfried Zaha breaks silence on Arsenal transfer link and gives fans much-needed hopeFootball 1 month ago
- Big Boys don’t cry: Which way next for Golf Majors?Golf 1 month ago
- Nigeria suffers shock loss to AFCON debutants MadagascarFootball 1 month ago
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 1 month ago
- Why Wanyama will still be forced out of Tottenham even if Eriksen departsFootball 1 month ago
- Uhuru leads Kenyans in mourning KadengeFootball 1 month ago
- Champions League pitch invader arrested trying to do the same at Copa AmericaFootball 1 month ago