Zetech and Strathmore win KBF women’s league
Strathmore University Swords and Zetech University won their respective Kenya Basketball Federation women’s Premier League matches at the weekend to increase their chances of qualifying for the playoffs.
Zetech showed no respect for their hosts United States International University of Africa (USIU-A) Flames thrashing them 54-27 while Swords shook off a slow start to rally from behind and beat Eagle Wings 49-29.
Cynthia Mawero was Zetech's top scorer with seven points while Lindey Wanyonyi netted eight points for Flames.
Zetech led 16-8 at the end of the first quarter as their hosts struggled to contain them.
There was no looking back for Zetech as they charged on to snatch the second quarter 12-8 to take a 28-15 halftime lead.
The game was done and dusted in the third quarter as Zetech scored an impressive 15-4 for an unbeatable 41-19 lead.
USIU restricted their guests in the final quarter but did not matter much.
- Nike honours SemenyaAthletics 2 weeks ago
- Champions League: Liverpool seek new 'heroes' with Salah absent against BarcelonaFootball 2 weeks ago
- Tennis: Federer sweeps past Isner in Miami final for 101st titleTennis 1 month ago
- Solskjaer: Man City are better than Man UnitedFootball 3 weeks ago
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic banned for violent conduct Football 3 days ago
- Football great Pele released from hospitalFootball 1 month ago
- Spanish GP: Hamilton inspired to victory by brave cancer boySports 1 week ago