Champions League Group B: Inter strike two late goals to sink Tottenham
Inter Milan struck twice late on to secure a stunning 2-1 victory over a crestfallen Tottenham Hotspur in their Group B opener at the San Siro on Tuesday.
Mauro Icardi's superb volley levelled the scores in the 86th minute and Matias Vecino headed a stoppage-time winner to give Inter a victory that for most of the night looked unlikely.
Spurs had taken the lead in the 53rd minute with Christian Eriksen's deflected effort off Inter's Miranda and looked comfortable as the full-time whistle approached.
The match was turned on its head though in dramatic fashion as Tottenham suffered a third straight loss in all competitions.
Inter are level on three points with Barcelona, who cruised to a 4-0 victory over PSV Eindhoven to move top of the group.
- ‘I’ll be back in one or two weeks’ – Injured Ronaldo speaksFootball 3 weeks ago
- Tiger Woods’ Masters win summed up in PhotosGolf 5 days ago
- How ‘noisy neighbours’ City could ruin Red Devils’ UCL dreamFootball 1 month ago
- Solskjaer reacts after painful defeat to BarcelonaFootball 4 days ago
- Breaking: Lionel Messi returns to Argentina squad for 1st time since World CupFootball 1 month ago
- Liverpool player wages revealed Ahead of Tottenham clashFootball 2 weeks ago
- ‘Receiver’: Kenyan volleyball girl booted for dating four men at the same timeGossip & Rumours 1 week ago