Champions League Group B: Inter strike two late goals to sink Tottenham
Inter Milan struck twice late on to secure a stunning 2-1 victory over a crestfallen Tottenham Hotspur in their Group B opener at the San Siro on Tuesday.
Mauro Icardi's superb volley levelled the scores in the 86th minute and Matias Vecino headed a stoppage-time winner to give Inter a victory that for most of the night looked unlikely.
Spurs had taken the lead in the 53rd minute with Christian Eriksen's deflected effort off Inter's Miranda and looked comfortable as the full-time whistle approached.
The match was turned on its head though in dramatic fashion as Tottenham suffered a third straight loss in all competitions.
Inter are level on three points with Barcelona, who cruised to a 4-0 victory over PSV Eindhoven to move top of the group.
- Recovery Update: F1 legend Michael Schumacher Football 1 day ago
- Mourinho seen for first time since being sacked by Manchester UnitedFootball 1 day ago
- Jurgen Klopp sends message to Jose Mourinho after Manchester United sackingFootball 1 day ago
- Former Harambee Stars captain looking to beef up Gor Mahia’s attackFootball 19 hours ago
- Golf: Bollo bolts team to Safari tour Victory Golf 2 days ago
- Manchester United take action against Pogba for social media postFootball 1 hour ago
- Mourinho FINALLY reveals why they were beaten by Liverpool Football 2 days ago