Champions League Group B: Inter strike two late goals to sink Tottenham
Inter Milan struck twice late on to secure a stunning 2-1 victory over a crestfallen Tottenham Hotspur in their Group B opener at the San Siro on Tuesday.
Mauro Icardi's superb volley levelled the scores in the 86th minute and Matias Vecino headed a stoppage-time winner to give Inter a victory that for most of the night looked unlikely.
Spurs had taken the lead in the 53rd minute with Christian Eriksen's deflected effort off Inter's Miranda and looked comfortable as the full-time whistle approached.
The match was turned on its head though in dramatic fashion as Tottenham suffered a third straight loss in all competitions.
Inter are level on three points with Barcelona, who cruised to a 4-0 victory over PSV Eindhoven to move top of the group.
- Hockey: Munialo nets twice as Wazalendo bag maximum pointsHockey 17 hours ago
- Afcon qualification campaign back on track after Kenya beats Ethiopia 3-0 Football 23 hours ago
- Kenya vs Ethiopia: Moments of tension between police and fans as Nyamweya calls for safetyFootball 1 day ago
- Kenya 3- 0 Ethiopia: Bravo Harambee Stars, you did the country proud Football 23 hours ago
- Kenyans throng Kasarani ahead of Kenya vs Ethiopia showdownFootball 1 day ago
- How each player rated against Ethiopia yesterdayFootball 7 hours ago
- Hockey: Amira share spoils with JKUAT in City ParkHockey 1 day ago