Gor to face Everton on November 6 – Here’s what you need to know about the match
English Premier League side Everton will host Sportpesa Premier League giants Gor Mahia at Goodison Park on November 6 starting 10 pm.
Gor, 17-time KPL champions booked the trip to Liverpool after retaining the Sportpesa Super Cup following a 2-0 win over Tanzania’s Simba Sports Club in the final on June 10 in Nakuru.
The clash will be historic as it will see an East African club play on English soil for the first time.
Tickets retail at £5 (Sh650) for adults and £1(Sh130) for Under-18 or over 65 years. According to Everton, all proceeds from the match will be chanelled towards charity. It will be a second meeting between the sides. On July 13, Gor lost 2-1 to Everton at the National Stadium in Dar es Salaam.
Ahead of the exhibition match, Gor Mahia FC and Rwanda international striker, Jacques Tuyisenge, has warned Everton to brace for a tough test.
The SportPesa Premier League second highest top scorer (13 goals) has promised K’Ogalo fans a goal in the landmark clash.
“We are hoping for a good result. We are aiming for victory,” he said.
- Scorpions sting Vikings: KCAU hold Wazalendo to a 2-2 drawHockey 1 day ago
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- What’s left of Conseslus Kipruto’s car after Tuesday night crash? [Photos]Athletics 4 days ago
- Gary Neville warns Paul Pogba, fuels transfer speculationPremier League 1 week ago
- Angry wife films World Cup star naked in sauna with 'prostitute' [Photos]Football 1 day ago
- Update on retired striker Ronaldo’s recovery, days after he was admitted to ICUFootball 1 month ago
- Premier League star accused of ‘drugging and raping’ top modelPremier League 1 month ago