Gor to face Everton on November 6 – Here’s what you need to know about the match
English Premier League side Everton will host Sportpesa Premier League giants Gor Mahia at Goodison Park on November 6 starting 10 pm.
Gor, 17-time KPL champions booked the trip to Liverpool after retaining the Sportpesa Super Cup following a 2-0 win over Tanzania’s Simba Sports Club in the final on June 10 in Nakuru.
The clash will be historic as it will see an East African club play on English soil for the first time.
Tickets retail at £5 (Sh650) for adults and £1(Sh130) for Under-18 or over 65 years. According to Everton, all proceeds from the match will be chanelled towards charity. It will be a second meeting between the sides. On July 13, Gor lost 2-1 to Everton at the National Stadium in Dar es Salaam.
Ahead of the exhibition match, Gor Mahia FC and Rwanda international striker, Jacques Tuyisenge, has warned Everton to brace for a tough test.
The SportPesa Premier League second highest top scorer (13 goals) has promised K’Ogalo fans a goal in the landmark clash.
“We are hoping for a good result. We are aiming for victory,” he said.
- No room for error now – Solskjaer admits after defeat to WolvesPremier League 1 month ago
- ‘Girls now send me naked photos’ – football star teenager speaks on his successFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United superstars in rift over scoring bonusesFootball 2 weeks ago
- Paris Marathon: Sunday event to attract 60,000 competitors Athletics 1 month ago
- Unstoppable Mbappe kills off Toulouse resistanceFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal’s new Adidas pre-match kit leaked [Photos]Football 3 weeks ago
- Folau 'anti-gay' hearing begins in SydneyRugby 3 weeks ago