‘Engineer’ Olunga helps 10-man Harambee Stars defeat Ghana
Harambee Stars got their African Cup of Nations qualification campaign back on track with a 1-0 win over Ghana’s Black Stars at the Moi International Sports Centre Kasarani on Saturday.
Ghana’s Nicholas Opuko put the ball in the back of his own net deep in the first half after Eric Johanna whipped in a cross from the right flank. Michael Olunga was in the right place at the right time – putting sufficient pressure on Opuko resulting in the goal.
Joash Onyango received a straight red card after fouling Majeed Waris as he was clean through on goal. Kenya Coach Sebastien Migne wasted no time- took out Eric Johanna and brought in the much-experienced David Ochieng.
Kenya missed the services of Tottenham midfield powerhouse Victor Wanyama, who is said to have been denied permission by the London-based club.
CF Fuenlabrada’s Ismael Gonzalez gave Kenyan’s a glimpse of his abilities, stringing a number of good passes in the lead up to the goal.
The win sees Migne’s men break a 15-year jinx against James Kwesi Appiah’s Black stars, who sit third in Group F with three points.
Kenya is now second.
- Find out why Wayne Rooney is facing losses of around Sh700 millionFootball 14 hours ago
- REVEALED: Richest football league clubs based on owners' wealthFootball 12 hours ago
- Broadcast rights: StarTimes to air Europa LeagueFootball 23 hours ago
- A week in the life of Liverpool star Mohamed SalahPremier League 10 hours ago
- KPL: AFC lick wounds after painful loss to Kariobangi sideFootball 23 hours ago
- Salah helps Liverpool thrash Southampton to go topFootball 23 hours ago
- United held by Wolves to slip eight points behind leadersFootball 4 hours ago