â€˜Engineerâ€™ Olunga helps 10-man Harambee Stars defeat Ghana
Harambee Stars got their African Cup of Nations qualification campaign back on track with a 1-0 win over Ghana’s Black Stars at the Moi International Sports Centre Kasarani on Saturday.
Ghana’s Nicholas Opuko put the ball in the back of his own net deep in the first half after Eric Johanna whipped in a cross from the right flank. Michael Olunga was in the right place at the right time – putting sufficient pressure on Opuko resulting in the goal.
Joash Onyango received a straight red card after fouling Majeed Waris as he was clean through on goal. Kenya Coach Sebastien Migne wasted no time- took out Eric Johanna and brought in the much-experienced David Ochieng.
Kenya missed the services of Tottenham midfield powerhouse Victor Wanyama, who is said to have been denied permission by the London-based club.
CF Fuenlabrada’s Ismael Gonzalez gave Kenyan’s a glimpse of his abilities, stringing a number of good passes in the lead up to the goal.
The win sees Migne’s men break a 15-year jinx against James Kwesi Appiah’s Black stars, who sit third in Group F with three points.
Kenya is now second.
- Man City re-sign star defender Football 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 month ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 month ago
- Moussa Dembele makes Man Utd transfer decision amid Liverpool and Arsenal interestFootball 1 month ago
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago