Storms prove too good for KPA
Kenya Basketball Federation (KBF) women’s Premier League champions Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) yesterday suffered their first defeat of the season at the hands of Storms going down 54-67 at United States International University of Africa.
Storms were too good for KPA, who had had a good running in the first leg leading from the onset as they cruised to their tenth victory of the season.
Champions KPA were forced to play catch up from as they found themselves trailing 9-14 in the first quarter.
Knowing too well and they were on the path to victory, Storms called the shots in the second quarter scoring as they increased the point gap going into the first half break.
Storms took the second quarter 22-12 to take a comfortable 36-21 lead at the breather.
In the third quarter a rejuvenated KPA engaged Storms in a neck to neck chase for points but they still fell short as the opponent led them by half a basket 15-14 to maintain a 16 point advantage by the end of the third quarter. KPA were stronger in the final period taking it 19-16, but their effort was not good enough to save them from their first loss.
In another women’s Premier League encounter Eagle Wings subjected bottom placed Masaku Sparks to their tenth loss of the season after laboring to a 48-44 victory.
In the men’s Premier League, Kenya College of Accountancy University (KCA-U) bounced back from Saturday’s loss to holders KPA to beat Lakeside 64-47.
In another men’s Premier League tie, Thunder thrashed Trailblazers 73-51. KCA-U and Thunder enhanced their chances of qualifying for the playoffs.
- Yaya Toure set for Premier League returnFootball 2 hours ago
- Dennis Oliech eyeing big return to footballFootball 3 hours ago
- Anthony Martial given new nickname by Manchester United fansFootball 2 days ago
- Footballer killed by lightning during goal celebration Football 2 days ago
- Eden Hazard has spoken about leaving ChelseaFootball 1 day ago
- Hockey: Sailors win men’s Super League Hockey 3 days ago
- Blow for Liverpool as star is ruled out before crucial Manchester United clashFootball 1 day ago