Arsenal boss Emery answers journalist's phone call during press conference
Unai Emery showed shades of Arsene Wenger - by answering a journalists phone during his Friday press conference.
New Arsenal boss Emery was talking about the weekend clash with Cardiff when a reporter's phone rang on the table in front of him.
The phone was being used to record Emery's words before a friend of the journalist rang at the wrong time.
Emery stopped what he was saying and asked if he could answer the phone.
"I don't know who it is. I am going to answer it. John Spencer. Can I answer?"
As a yes was fired back at him, he took the call.
"Ok good morning. Hi, I am Unai Emery," he said.
"How are you?
"We are working."
But then Mr Spencer, who was on the end of the line, hung up, possibly not realising that he was actually speaking to Arsenal's manager.
Picking up a journalist's phone was an old trick performed by former boss Wenger back in 2016.
Although during the incident at the start of the 16/17 season, Wenger only threatened to answer the phone - as opposed to actually doing so.
He has also mocked answering a journalist's recorder in the past, quipping: "It's your wife!"
- Athletics: Huge field for Mombasa International Marathon Athletics 6 hours ago
- Migne names Stars squad for Ethiopia Afcon qualifierFootball 10 hours ago
- Uganda daze Kanbis at Hayer Star Field tourneyCricket 1 month ago
- Anthony Martial leaves Manchester United pre-season tour early Football 1 month ago
- Manchester United’s stunning wage bill revealed – top players get a pay hikePremier League 2 weeks ago
- Nick Mwendwa digs into his pocket after KRA freezes FKF accountFootball 1 week ago
- PSG coach Tuchel and goalkeeper Buffon on collision courseFootball 1 week ago