Huge blow for Arsenal: Defender and midfielder injured ahead of Chelsea clash
Arsenal defender Sead Kolasinac and midfielder Ainsley Maitland-Niles have been ruled out until October with injuries, the Premier League club has said.
Kolasinac, 25, sustained a left knee injury in a pre-season match against Chelsea earlier this month while Maitland-Niles was substituted off in the first half of Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat by champions Manchester City in their opening league fixture.
The 20-year-old Maitland-Niles has a fracture to his left fibula. Defender Carl Jenkinson has also suffered a sprain on his right ankle and will be out for upto two months.
“Sead has a left knee injury. We are aiming for him to return to training in October,” Arsenal said on their website.
France international Laurent Koscielny, who missed his nation’s World Cup-winning campaign with an Achilles tendon tear, is on the mend and is expected to return to training in November.
Arsenal have been boosted with striker Danny Welbeck and defender Nacho Monreal participating in full training ahead of Saturday’s league match against Chelsea.
- Golf: Why you should know your ballsGolf 2 hours ago
- Son and mum put best stick forwardHockey 1 day ago
- Alexis Sanchez blasted for poor performanceFootball 5 hours ago
- What’s left of Conseslus Kipruto’s car after Tuesday night crash? [Photos]Athletics 4 days ago
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Kenya beat Malawi in a friendly matchFootball 1 week ago
- Swimming: Kioko stars in Coast Novice galaSports 19 hours ago