Retired striker Ronaldo discharged from hospital
Former Brazil and Real Madrid striker Ronaldo Nazario has been discharged from hospital, four days after being admitted with pneumonia.
Ronaldo was taken to hospital in Ibiza, Spain on Friday, before being transferred to a private hospital in the ICU of the Policlinical Nuestra Senora del Rosario.
Moments later after being discharged, the 41-year-old took to social media to thank fans for their support: “Hello everyone! I'm already home after a few days at the clinic. Thank u for your love and comments, and many thanks to the team of doctors and nurses. Thanks my love Celina Locks for being by my side. It's going to be an amazing season with tons of great football and surprises.”
Hello everyone! I'm already home after a few days at the clinic. Thank u for your love and comments, and many thanks to the team of doctors and nurses. Thanks my love Celina Locks for being by my side. It's going to be an amazing season with tons of great football and surprises. — Ronaldo Nazário (@Ronaldo) August 14, 2018
Ronaldo retired from football in 2011 following a hugely successful career which featured stints at PSV Eindhoven, Barcelona, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Brazilian sides Corinthians and Cruzeiro as well as Real Madrid.”
He won the Ballon d’Or award for the best player in the world in 1997 and 2002.
- Muchiri returns from injury to inspire Tusker as Sofapaka hit RangersFootball 5 hours ago
- Why Kenya Simbas coaches Snook, Roulston were axedRugby 5 hours ago
- How Pogba could still leave Man United – and it’s because of CostaPremier League 1 week ago
- Messi scores 400th La Liga goal for BarcaFootball 1 week ago
- Enterprise Cup draw released as tournament is re-brandedRugby 5 hours ago
- Solskjaer provides Pogba injury update ahead of Spurs clashPremier League 2 weeks ago
- Hojbjerg says Guardiola's intensity has some drawbacksFootball 3 weeks ago