Retired striker Ronaldo discharged from hospital
Former Brazil and Real Madrid striker Ronaldo Nazario has been discharged from hospital, four days after being admitted with pneumonia.
Ronaldo was taken to hospital in Ibiza, Spain on Friday, before being transferred to a private hospital in the ICU of the Policlinical Nuestra Senora del Rosario.
Moments later after being discharged, the 41-year-old took to social media to thank fans for their support: “Hello everyone! I'm already home after a few days at the clinic. Thank u for your love and comments, and many thanks to the team of doctors and nurses. Thanks my love Celina Locks for being by my side. It's going to be an amazing season with tons of great football and surprises.”
Hello everyone! I'm already home after a few days at the clinic. Thank u for your love and comments, and many thanks to the team of doctors and nurses. Thanks my love Celina Locks for being by my side. It's going to be an amazing season with tons of great football and surprises. — Ronaldo Nazário (@Ronaldo) August 14, 2018
Ronaldo retired from football in 2011 following a hugely successful career which featured stints at PSV Eindhoven, Barcelona, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Brazilian sides Corinthians and Cruzeiro as well as Real Madrid.”
He won the Ballon d’Or award for the best player in the world in 1997 and 2002.
- How Kisumu County failed to take advantage of Ronaldinho visitFootball 3 hours ago
- Omar Kasongo: Boxing whizz kid whose dreams were floored by a computerBoxing 3 hours ago
- The good and of Golf 2018Golf 2 days ago
- Mourinho facing touchline ban after shock twist in FA probe Football 1 week ago
- Kenyans hunt for second victory against SingaporeCricket 10 hours ago
- Ex-England coach undergoes heart surgery after collapsing on his 61st birthdayFootball 3 days ago
- Echesa questioned over amputee team troublesSports 10 hours ago