Former 400M world champion Nicholas Bett is dead
Eldoret, Kenya: Former 400 meters hurdles world champion Nicholas Bett has died in a road accident in Lessos, Nandi County. The family and Nandi police boss Patrick Wambani have confirmed.
The athlete is said to have lost control of his vehicle which rolled along the Eldoret-Kapsabet road.
Police boss Patrick Wambani said Bett was driving home from Nairobi after returning from Nigeria where he participated in the just-concluded African Athletics Championships.
In 2015 Nicholas Bett became the first Kenyan to win a gold in hurdles during the world competition that was held in Beijing, China.
- How Kisumu County failed to take advantage of Ronaldinho visitFootball 7 hours ago
- Omar Kasongo: Boxing whizz kid whose dreams were floored by a computerBoxing 7 hours ago
- The good and of Golf 2018Golf 2 days ago
- Thunder strike Equity BankBasketball 1 day ago
- Mourinho facing the sack, Man United consider Pochettino as replacementFootball 3 days ago
- Ex-England coach undergoes heart surgery after collapsing on his 61st birthdayFootball 4 days ago
- Pogba’s latest statement leaves Man United fans excited worldwidePremier League 2 days ago