Former 400M world champion Nicholas Bett is dead
Eldoret, Kenya: Former 400 meters hurdles world champion Nicholas Bett has died in a road accident in Lessos, Nandi County. The family and Nandi police boss Patrick Wambani have confirmed.
The athlete is said to have lost control of his vehicle which rolled along the Eldoret-Kapsabet road.
Police boss Patrick Wambani said Bett was driving home from Nairobi after returning from Nigeria where he participated in the just-concluded African Athletics Championships.
In 2015 Nicholas Bett became the first Kenyan to win a gold in hurdles during the world competition that was held in Beijing, China.
- Athletics: Lorita and Cherono triumph at annual Mombasa marathonAthletics 4 hours ago
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Another Kenyan runner busted for dopingAthletics 1 month ago
- Kenya beat Malawi in a friendly matchFootball 1 week ago
- Basketball: Zetech dribble closer to playoffs slotBasketball 4 hours ago
- Stars play Malawi Flames today: Bandari’s Shikalo and Sofapaka’s Mutamba in line for starting rolesFootball 1 week ago
- Migne names Stars squad for Ethiopia Afcon qualifierFootball 2 days ago