Former 400M world champion Nicholas Bett is dead
Eldoret, Kenya: Former 400 meters hurdles world champion Nicholas Bett has died in a road accident in Lessos, Nandi County. The family and Nandi police boss Patrick Wambani have confirmed.
The athlete is said to have lost control of his vehicle which rolled along the Eldoret-Kapsabet road.
Police boss Patrick Wambani said Bett was driving home from Nairobi after returning from Nigeria where he participated in the just-concluded African Athletics Championships.
In 2015 Nicholas Bett became the first Kenyan to win a gold in hurdles during the world competition that was held in Beijing, China.
- Kangogo and Aprot ready to defend Prisons titlesAthletics 3 hours ago
- Liverpool open up six-point lead as Man City lose again at LeicesterFootball 4 weeks ago
- Enterprise Cup draw released as tournament is re-brandedRugby 3 hours ago
- How Arsenal’s Ramsey could end up joining Juventus this monthPremier League 11 hours ago
- Coach Cardovillis lauds team for job well doneRugby 1 month ago
- Emiliano Sala search team consider four possible outcomesPremier League 13 hours ago
- How Pogba could still leave Man United – and it’s because of CostaPremier League 1 week ago