Bad news about Victor Wanyama being sold two days to transfer window deadline
AS Roma are reportedly eyeing Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Victor Wanyama before Thursday’s transfer deadline.
According to Goal.com, money generated from the sales of Liverpool’s new signing Alisson and Radja Nainggolan who joined Inter Milan could help the Italian giants fund move for Wanyama who still has three years remaining on his contract.
Manager Eusebio di Francesco wants to sign Wanyama to strengthen Roma’s midfield- that is if they miss out on Sevilla midfielder Steven Nzonzi.
The 27-year-old Harambee Stars captain missed almost four months of last season with a serious knee injury before returning for the second half of the season.
He took some time to find his rhythm and only began to look his old self in the final few months of the Premier League campaign.
Wanyama, who has not featured in any of Tottenham’s friendly matches in the USA, could play a more active role during the upcoming campaign should Mousa Dembele be sold.
- Man City star Mendy savagely replies to Donald Trump’s tweetGossip & Rumours 3 hours ago
- Mourinho gives up on three signings as Man United move to block January transfersPremier League 1 hour ago
- Arsene Wenger rejected Fulham before they turned to RanieriPremier League 5 hours ago
- PSG facing Champions League exclusionFootball 39 minutes ago
- Thunder strike Equity BankBasketball 15 hours ago
- Chelsea among FIVE Premier League clubs facing banPremier League 7 hours ago
- Serena Williams ‘Woman’ of The Year GQ cover sparks controversyTennis 6 hours ago