Bad news about Victor Wanyama being sold two days to transfer window deadline
AS Roma are reportedly eyeing Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Victor Wanyama before Thursday’s transfer deadline.
According to Goal.com, money generated from the sales of Liverpool’s new signing Alisson and Radja Nainggolan who joined Inter Milan could help the Italian giants fund move for Wanyama who still has three years remaining on his contract.
Manager Eusebio di Francesco wants to sign Wanyama to strengthen Roma’s midfield- that is if they miss out on Sevilla midfielder Steven Nzonzi.
The 27-year-old Harambee Stars captain missed almost four months of last season with a serious knee injury before returning for the second half of the season.
He took some time to find his rhythm and only began to look his old self in the final few months of the Premier League campaign.
Wanyama, who has not featured in any of Tottenham’s friendly matches in the USA, could play a more active role during the upcoming campaign should Mousa Dembele be sold.
- Man United goalkeeper De Gea blasts ‘stupid’ criticismFootball 9 hours ago
- Real Madrid’s plans for stunning Sh41 billion stadium revealed [Photos]Football 6 hours ago
- Heartwarming story of Mfang'ano, island of great soccer talentFootball 6 hours ago
- Sang: We won't phase out Kipchoge Keino's nameAthletics 17 hours ago
- Champions League Group A: Atletico shake off domestic woes to clinch comeback win at MonacoFootball 17 hours ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 17 hours ago
- Barcelona 4-0 PSV Eindhoven: Messi scores stunning hat-trick in Champions LeagueFootball 10 hours ago