Bad news about Victor Wanyama being sold two days to transfer window deadline
AS Roma are reportedly eyeing Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Victor Wanyama before Thursday’s transfer deadline.
According to Goal.com, money generated from the sales of Liverpool’s new signing Alisson and Radja Nainggolan who joined Inter Milan could help the Italian giants fund move for Wanyama who still has three years remaining on his contract.
Manager Eusebio di Francesco wants to sign Wanyama to strengthen Roma’s midfield- that is if they miss out on Sevilla midfielder Steven Nzonzi.
The 27-year-old Harambee Stars captain missed almost four months of last season with a serious knee injury before returning for the second half of the season.
He took some time to find his rhythm and only began to look his old self in the final few months of the Premier League campaign.
Wanyama, who has not featured in any of Tottenham’s friendly matches in the USA, could play a more active role during the upcoming campaign should Mousa Dembele be sold.
- Allan Wanga retires from international footballFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 2 months ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago