Bad news about Victor Wanyama being sold two days to transfer window deadline
AS Roma are reportedly eyeing Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Victor Wanyama before Thursday’s transfer deadline.
According to Goal.com, money generated from the sales of Liverpool’s new signing Alisson and Radja Nainggolan who joined Inter Milan could help the Italian giants fund move for Wanyama who still has three years remaining on his contract.
Manager Eusebio di Francesco wants to sign Wanyama to strengthen Roma’s midfield- that is if they miss out on Sevilla midfielder Steven Nzonzi.
The 27-year-old Harambee Stars captain missed almost four months of last season with a serious knee injury before returning for the second half of the season.
He took some time to find his rhythm and only began to look his old self in the final few months of the Premier League campaign.
Wanyama, who has not featured in any of Tottenham’s friendly matches in the USA, could play a more active role during the upcoming campaign should Mousa Dembele be sold.
- Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the seasonFootball 4 hours ago
- Just in! Reasons behind Usain Bolt's decision to retire from footballFootball 1 hour ago
- Serena Williams inches closer to 24th Grand Slam titleTennis 6 hours ago
- See tattoos Aubameyang got to celebrate win over Chelsea [Photos]Football 10 hours ago
- Morata ends Chelsea nightmare – agrees Atletico Madrid transferPremier League 9 hours ago
- Jose Mourinho sends harsh message to Manchester United players Football 2 days ago
- Gor Mahia in ‘Group of Death’ with ZamalekFootball 21 hours ago