SWAP DEAL: Anthony Martial offered in exchange for Bayern Munich star
Manchester United are targeting Jerome Boateng to sure up their defence with Anthony Martial offered as part of a swap deal.
Jose Mourinho is a fan of the Germany international and is desperate to upgrade at the back.
Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Marcos Rojo, Eric Bailly and Victor Lindelof have all struggled to prove themselves at Old Trafford with regular mistakes pushing Mourinho to look for another centre-back.
Boateng's experience is attractive to United, but Bild claim Bayern are not keen on Martial.
That's because of their well-stocked collection of wingers, including Franck Ribery, Arjen Robben, Kingsley Coman and Serge Gnabry - with Alphonso Davies arriving in January.
Manchester United complete signing of versatile defender Lukasz Bejger after beating rivals City to his signature
Manchester United have completed the signing of 6ft 2in Polish teenager Lukasz Bejger from Lech Poznan.
The versatile defender had been interesting Manchester City until their rivals beat them to his signature following a trial at Old Trafford.
Bejger, 16, was not included in United's academy intake last month as they awaited international clearance on the defender.
United initially agreed the deal for Bejger in January after his trial in August last year.
- Sadio Mane left in floods of tears during Africa Cup of Nations qualifier match Football 12 hours ago
- Cricket: Kenyans suffer third defeat after Denmark lossCricket 5 hours ago
- Rugby: Kenya’s World Cup dreams go up in smokeRugby 5 hours ago
- Equity, KCB battle in final roundSports 4 days ago
- How Raila pumped K'Ogalo's camp in LiverpoolFootball 1 week ago
- Deejays tune-up ahead of Safari SevensRugby 1 week ago
- Mourinho facing touchline ban after shock twist in FA probe Football 1 week ago