Main reason why Lewandowski does not want to play for Man United
Robert Lewandowski is pushing for a move away from the Allianz Arena, with top European clubs looking for his signature, according to reports in Poland.
Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain are said to have shown interest in Lewandowski and are prepared to spend if Bayern will allow him to leave.
However, the 29-year-old prefers Champions League Giants Real Madrid as his destination after Cristiano Ronaldo left for Juventus but, Bayern are reluctant to let their talisman leave until they get his replacement.
According to UK Sports Outlet Metro, Lewandowski is not interested in a move to Old Trafford claiming that it is not an attractive place to live in. He views Paris as an alternative if he doesn’t secure a move to the Bernabeu.
Lewandowski’s contract at Bayern expires in 2021 but his manager Niko Kovac admits that the former Borussia Dortmund is considering a move away.
‘There’s nothing new with Robert, it’s clear that he will not leave this club because we have a top striker and we certainly do not want to relinquish him or give him away,’ Niko told Sky Sport Germany.
‘We want to achieve a lot with him. He is a great footballer, who has achieved a lot in the Bundesliga, scored many goals and now in the new season certainly will score many goals.
‘It’s true that Robert toys with going elsewhere. Only one thing he likes, the other is what we like to do.
‘Robert has a contract, I do not know how long, and he will certainly stay as long as possible here.’
- Athletics: Kinyua appointed Meru Sports Council chiefAthletics 5 hours ago
- Sh1.1m raised for noble cause: Chebii swings to victory as Weru registers maiden course Hole-in-OneGolf 1 day ago
- Motorsport: Weekend Hill Climb competition postponed due to unforeseen reasonsSports 5 hours ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 5 hours ago
- Basketball: KPA’s trip to Tanzania in doubtBasketball 5 hours ago
- Two football fields on top of a church building in NairobiFootball 1 day ago
- Arsenal’s Mustafi could be fined for making ‘political gesture’ while celebrating goalPremier League 2 weeks ago