Man United reveals Fred’s shirt number in his first training session
Manchester United’s summer signing Fred Rodrigues joined the squad at the club’s Los Angeles base for their 2018 pre-season tour.
Fred has been on holiday after representing Brazil at the 2018 World Cup in Russia that came to a close on Sunday July 15. Brazil were knocked out of the tournament in the quarter-finals after losing 2-1 to Belgium.
The 25-year-old joined the squad for the first time on Thursday and had his first training session with his teammates.
The Brazilian was handed number 17 shirt by Jose Mourinho – the number was previously worn by Daley Blind who was sold back to his boyhood club, Ajax.
Fred is expected to make his United debut when the club play against Liverpool on Sunday in their second International Champions Cup match.
Spanish goalkeeper David De Gea also joined the squad on Thursday and was seen in good moods hugging Juan Mata and Andres Pereira. The 27-yaer-old also pose for a photo with Wrestling superstar Rey Mysterio who also stopped by at United’s training base.
- Gor Mahia fined – again!Football 13 hours ago
- Paul Pogba showers Jose Mourinho with praise following Champions League winFootball 8 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo red card: What Juventus star said to referee revealedFootball 14 hours ago
- Yaya Toure’s agent leaves fans shocked with latest ‘witchdoctor’ tweet on GuardiolaPremier League 12 hours ago
- Kipchoge has extra-ordinary muscular and mental strength – renowned athletics coachAthletics 15 hours ago
- Jose Mourinho explains why his captain will not play against Young Boys tonight Football 1 day ago
- Tottenham captain pleads guilty to 'drunk-driving' [Photos]Football 1 week ago