Chelsea reluctant to pay Conte over his treatment of Costa
Chelsea are reluctan tover Antonio Conte's pay-off because of the Italian’s treatment of Diego Costa at Stamford Bridge.
The board feels that the Italian’s act costed the club millions of pound.
Diego Costa scored 20 goals for Chelsea in Conte’s first season but the former Juventus manager informed the Spain forward by text last summer that he was not in his plans.
Costa was then sold to his former club Atletico Madrid for a fee of £59m but the Chelsea’s board were not impressed with Conte’s conduct.
The Blues are set to sack Conte and replace him with former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri on a two-year contract. Club legend Gianfranco Zola is expected to join Sarri as an assistant.
- Former Chelsea and Liverpool star announces retirement from footballFootball 6 hours ago
- What next? CAF calls of Kenya - Sierra Leone AFCON tie Football 9 hours ago
- Telkom retain women league titleHockey 1 day ago
- Kabutha wins Standard Classic golfGolf 1 day ago
- Top referee suffers broken jaw, damaged eye socket after attack by fansFootball 7 hours ago
- Manchester United - Just forget the title!Premier League 4 hours ago
- How Africa’s top footballers fared in EuropeFootball 8 hours ago