Chelsea reluctant to pay Conte over his treatment of Costa
Chelsea are reluctan tover Antonio Conte's pay-off because of the Italian’s treatment of Diego Costa at Stamford Bridge.
The board feels that the Italian’s act costed the club millions of pound.
Diego Costa scored 20 goals for Chelsea in Conte’s first season but the former Juventus manager informed the Spain forward by text last summer that he was not in his plans.
Costa was then sold to his former club Atletico Madrid for a fee of £59m but the Chelsea’s board were not impressed with Conte’s conduct.
The Blues are set to sack Conte and replace him with former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri on a two-year contract. Club legend Gianfranco Zola is expected to join Sarri as an assistant.
- Nantes demand Emiliano Sala transfer money from Cardiff Football 1 month ago
- Ronaldo returns to Portugal squad for Euro qualifiersFootball 13 hours ago
- Six African players who could win the Champions LeagueFootball 5 days ago
- Atletico Madrid stun Juventus 2-0 in Champions League Football 3 weeks ago
- De Gea's career crossroads a danger to Man Utd's revivalFootball 2 weeks ago
- ‘Sometimes my body just says no’ – De Bruyne opens up on injuriesPremier League 1 month ago
- Gor rule Mashemeji derby once again after 2-0 win over AFC LeopardsFootball 1 month ago