Martial wants to quit United, agent confirms
Philippe Lamboley confirms that his client Anthony Martial wants to leave Manchester United after the French winger fell out of favour with Jose Mourinho.
The 22-year-old did not get the minutes he expected under the former Chelsea boss in 2017/18 season, which contributed to him missing out on France’s squad for the World Cup in Russia.
Lamboley also suggests that Martial could have asked to leave long time ago but was reluctant because of the great support he gets from Manchester United fans.
‘After thinking about all the possibilities and settings, Anthony wants to leave Manchester United.’ Lamboley told RMC Sport.
‘Anthony is sad about his situation at Manchester.
‘He loves the club and the fans, he showed it for three years. Without the great support from the fans, he would have already asked to leave the club.
‘It is important to remember that this season he scored 11 goals and gave ten assists in five months.
‘He was named player of the month three times by the fans. Then the January transfer window came. I will not comment on the consequences of this transfer window. Everyone will have his opinion, I think he must take back control of his career. The time has come.’ He added.
Lamboley also believes that many high profile teams will be looking for Martial’s signature should United allow him to leave.
‘Anthony has the choice, I cannot say anything on the subject at the moment but you think that from the moment a player like Anthony is on the market a lot of clubs are interested,’ he said.
‘The only thing I can say is that many coaches appreciate his profile and that many clubs want to show their projects to Anthony.’ He added.
- Cecafa teams remain hopeful of AFCON finalsFootball 9 hours ago
- Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger reveals he's ready to start a new job in JanuaryFootball 3 days ago
- Police, KDF renew rivalry in league meetBoxing 4 days ago
- Premier League clubs on alert as Real Madrid slap hefty fee on Marco AsensioPremier League 10 hours ago
- Why Harambee Stars have not received Sh50 million despite 3-0 win over Ethiopia Football 6 days ago
- Problems pile for Man United, Jose Mourinho could miss Chelsea showdownFootball 3 days ago
- Njoroge served with warm Tea Fields titleGolf 4 days ago