Former Premier League star dies in car crash
Former Aston Villa defender Jlloyd Samuel has died in a car crash at the age of 37.
The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association announced the devastating news on their official Facebook page on Tuesday, saying he was involved in car crash in England.
Samuel, a full back, represented England at under-21 level before going on to play for Trinidad and Tobago's senior team.
The TTFA said "the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association and his former national teammates at this time extends deepest condolences to his family members both in the U.K. and here in Trinidad and Tobago."
He made his debut in 1999 and went on to make close to 200 appearances before joining Bolton in 2007.
- Iten to host relays national trialsAthletics 1 week ago
- Football: I want to make United fans happy – SanchezFootball 1 month ago
- Boxing: Former Olympic champion retiresBoxing 1 month ago
- English giants step up in this season's Champions LeagueFootball 1 month ago
- Man Utd 0-1 Barcelona: 5 talking points as Catalans land Champions League advantageFootball 1 week ago
- United should give Solskjaer permanent job this month, says UnitedFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea appeal against FIFA transfer banPremier League 1 month ago