Former Premier League star dies in car crash
Former Aston Villa defender Jlloyd Samuel has died in a car crash at the age of 37.
The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association announced the devastating news on their official Facebook page on Tuesday, saying he was involved in car crash in England.
Samuel, a full back, represented England at under-21 level before going on to play for Trinidad and Tobago's senior team.
The TTFA said "the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association and his former national teammates at this time extends deepest condolences to his family members both in the U.K. and here in Trinidad and Tobago."
He made his debut in 1999 and went on to make close to 200 appearances before joining Bolton in 2007.
- Champions League Group A: Atletico shake off domestic woes to clinch comeback win at MonacoFootball 9 hours ago
- Man United goalkeeper De Gea blasts ‘stupid’ criticismFootball 1 hour ago
- Barcelona 4-0 PSV Eindhoven: Messi scores stunning hat-trick in Champions LeagueFootball 2 hours ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 9 hours ago
- Former Liverpool star forced to retire aged 29Football 30 minutes ago
- Athletics: Kinyua appointed Meru Sports Council chiefAthletics 9 hours ago
- KPL: Sharks maul limping Leopards in MachakosFootball 9 hours ago