Former Premier League star dies in car crash
Former Aston Villa defender Jlloyd Samuel has died in a car crash at the age of 37.
The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association announced the devastating news on their official Facebook page on Tuesday, saying he was involved in car crash in England.
Samuel, a full back, represented England at under-21 level before going on to play for Trinidad and Tobago's senior team.
The TTFA said "the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association and his former national teammates at this time extends deepest condolences to his family members both in the U.K. and here in Trinidad and Tobago."
He made his debut in 1999 and went on to make close to 200 appearances before joining Bolton in 2007.
- Kisii-based Shabana FC makes a return to the NSLFootball 2 weeks ago
- Cricket: Kenyans in nervy victory over SingaporeCricket 5 hours ago
- Manchester United team revealed as Jose Mourinho benches key playersFootball 1 week ago
- Gor Mahia coach Dylan Kerr resignsFootball 1 day ago
- How Liverpool’s Henderson helped Mourinho escape banFootball 2 weeks ago
- Rugby: Oilers ready for Kenya Cup debutRugby 5 hours ago
- Revealed: How Paul Pogba reacted after being stripped of vice-captaincyFootball 1 week ago